When Rays Attack!!! Part II

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Heres my latest failed attempt at finding some fish that can co-exist in my aro/ray tank. :cry: The rainbow fish was smart and fast enough to last for 4 months! :grinyes: But alas the circle of life and the power of the food chain flexed its muscles!

My ray even seems to proudly enjoy showing me his prize catch! Reminds me of when a cat will bring you a little mouse or bird its caught saying, "Look what i can do!"

To update you all where the tankmate experiment is, the following is a list of fish that are in the tank along with how long they have been with the aro and ray....

Bumble Bee Cichlid ~ 1 week
Green Terror ~ 1 month
Giant Danio ~ 7 months :) (simply to fast for anybody to catch)
Sailfin Pleco ~ 6 Months :) (was sampled by the ray once but didnt like the way it tasted)
3 ~ 5in. Clown Loaches ~ 5 months :) (thank GOD for switch blade spines)

FYI the aro has never eaten any live food, so the main issue is my huntress ray!

Ray5Attack.jpg

Ray6Attack.jpg

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Heres the money shot!!!

At this point the fish was already dead obviously. Notice the fishes insides flaring in and out of the rays nostrils! :eek::WHOA: :eek: :WHOA: :eek: :WHOA: :eek: :WHOA: :eek: :WHOA:

Any and all comments/questions are welcomed!!!

Im beginning to think that my ray is a camera whore and purposely waits for me to have my camera on hand....:ROFL:

Ray7Attack.jpg

flyingsaucer owner

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
England

Any and all comments/questions are welcomed!!!

Save your money mate & give up trying to find fish that will mix with the motoro.
Once they get a taste for killing there are not many fish that you can keep with them.
The only ones I've had any success with long term are arows, large dats & doradid cats, all the others don't normally see out the 1st night :(

IMG_4355.JPG

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Southern California 91744
that's one expensive meal.... sorry to hear that... predatorial fishes are just predatorial fishes... if they are big enough, fast enough, and smart enough maybe... but even the sailfin pleco...wow... that ray is just to hungry to put anything on his/her mouth. too bad... it tasted bad.:ROFL: i would try something bigger and also predatorial fishes but not to nasty it might end up hitting the ray.. i once had a ornate bichir that ate the eyes of my jardinni... tell me how it happened.. jardinnis are known to be mean and not bichirs.:)

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
wow, fsowner, what kinda ray is that? how big is it? it looks HUGE!

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
yikes! next on my list of attempts might be a big albino channel cat?!?!?

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
That RAY is awsome. When I grow up maybe i can get 1 too.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
hooray part to is here. you just stake out the tank to wait to catch it eating a tankmate... lol. than henlei looks nice too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store