Thorichthys socolofi 'Rio Bascan' F1

davidefc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Liverpool UK
While doing a water change, the colony of socolofi kicked off, I have seen this happen, only happens when doing a water change usually, this time they carried on all day. Around 8 or the 12 fish where involved, lots of flaring and tail whipping around a piece of bogwood. I hope a spawn is on the cards, they are around 10months old.

Their tank:

The T.socolofi:

Sorry for the amount of pictures!

Regards
Dave

fish_n_vw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2008
Tacoma Wa.
Hey I don't think that anyone on here would ever complain about to many pictures. I would say keep them coming. Your tank is stunning and your fish look great. W/c's always kick my fish into breeding mode. From all that flaring there is something stirring. Great tank I really like it.

hailmike

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Only crap dude your tank is friggin' amazing! I'm super jealous. Ill agree with the previous post, water cganges get most of my fish pumped to breed. Not sure why but its worked numerous times for with my pair of managuense and just recently with a pair of cons. Good luck man, hope they breed for you.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Great pics man. Love that tank. Im a huge fan of Thorichthys!!

davidefc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Liverpool UK
peathenster;3581278; said:
beautiful tank and fish :thumbsup:
Thanks mate :)

Lizardking;3581540; said:
Nice tank! And good luck with the breeding.
Thanks Lizard, hopefully I can, not many socolofi about in the UK!

fishluvr12;3581741; said:
Aweosme tank and fish!
Thanks for your comment:D

fish_n_vw;3581811; said:
Hey I don't think that anyone on here would ever complain about to many pictures. I would say keep them coming. Your tank is stunning and your fish look great. W/c's always kick my fish into breeding mode. From all that flaring there is something stirring. Great tank I really like it.
Cheers mate, I have also found water changes trigger spawnings, but also missing a water change sometimes does it, I have tried missing a couple w/c on the socolofi tank hasn't work, so I will do regular w/c to try and trigger them, they may be a bit young, sites say 12months, mine must be coming close to that now.

hailmike;3582014; said:
Only crap dude your tank is friggin' amazing! I'm super jealous. Ill agree with the previous post, water cganges get most of my fish pumped to breed. Not sure why but its worked numerous times for with my pair of managuense and just recently with a pair of cons. Good luck man, hope they breed for you.
Thanks a lot Mike, get yourself a BTN background and set it up, really easy to do!

robmcd;3582028; said:
Great pics man. Love that tank. Im a huge fan of Thorichthys!!
Thanks Rob, I too am a big Thorichthys fan, I currently have:
Thorichthys F1 Socolofi - Rio Bascan
Thorichthys. F1 Helleri - Rio Chacamax
Thorichthys. Wild Caught and F1 Meeki-Laguna la Perdida
Thorichthys. F1 Meeki- Rio Subin
Thorichthys. Mixteco Blue
Thorichthys. F1 Mixteco Gold- Rio Cangrejal
Thorichthys. F1 Mixteco 'Green' Rio Uspanapa
Thorichthys. F1 Maculipinnis "Rio Manso" Tomate
Thorichthys. Wild Caught Maculipinnis Rio Naranja
Thorichthys. F1 Affinis(?) 'Sacnab'

Picking up some more species soon hopefully!

cichlidfish;3582029; said:
Wow nice tank and fish!
Thanks mate! The background does all the work, I'm rubbish with aquascaping

ewok;3582072; said:
looks awesome :)

thanks for sharing.

this isn't that big tank you have with all those other fish like viejas, right?
Thanks Ewok, no you are getting mixed up with a friend of mines tank, Nuttys, he hasn't been posting due to nearly cutting his hand off setting up a new tank, he should be posting soon again!!!
We both have the same background, but his tank is twice as big as mine so has another background to cover the other 4'.

Thansk for all the comments,
Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store