Need help aquascaping for Central American cichlids

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
I need examples of nicely aquascaped Central American biotopes. Or just anything. I really like caves, but I don't want an intricate network so that I will never see them cause they're hiding in their caves (happens alot with my loaches, very annoying). All I'm looking for is some pictures or designs.

All feedback is MUCH MUCH appreciated. I just want to get a feel of what my mind wants, but my hands can't do.

Roberto G

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Costa Rica
I guess I can help you since I'm from central america and had a lot of CA biotopes before hehe, you can send me a pm or add me at msn messenger betogutro@hotmail.com

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
I've never actually been to Central America, so I can't really say how accurate my "biotope" that I had was, but here it is. It was mainly centered around a couple pairs of Thorichthys cichlids and at times also housed a Nic and a Rhamdia sp. catfish, but I haven't had this setup going in over 2 years. It was a pretty simple setup and in this picture, I might have only had 2 or 3 cichlids in there, it looks really empty

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store