Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
www.tangledupincichlids.com
Many fancy motoros and other rays arrived this past week. Below are individual photos of each ray in the same viewing format that I've used to present for previous imports.

Basically, you get one mug shot taken from directly above the fish upon its arrival and another photo taken of the fish after it's up in a tank.
As the individual rays sell, I'll delete the pics of those particular fish from this thread. That way you can view exactly what IS currently available.

It's great if I am able to get a photo of them while swimming. After all, that's what often draws the eye to these wonderful fish. Their means of locomotion is both beautiful and graceful. Admittedly, neither time permits that option, nor am I that patient of a photographer.

This procedure can become really cumbersome and even a little confusing, as was the case on this particular import.

Each fish does not wave a flag to me from inside the tank that says "hey, I'm the 4th or I'm the 9th motoro you photographed out of the box."
To make matters worse, many of them come out of the shipping box much darker than they will become once they are acclimated to a tank.

You'd think I was nuts if you saw the diagrams I have to draw for myself to aid in the identification of each of these fish. Based on their individual and totally unique patterns, I make a sketch of each fish. Then I indicate the prominent patterns or spots with arrows and notations, etc. I use this key to then re-identify that fish when I am reviewing and pairing the 'in tank' photos to the over head mug shots, and again when I am picking and packing the exact fish you've ordered.
I suppose it's all good excersize for the left side of a brain.

Do you have any idea how many photos I took of all these fish to get the ones posted below?! Imagine using the key I mentioned above to coordinate and assign each photo to a specific fish. The phrase "I'm seeing spots before my eyes" is no longer a humorous anecdote.

above: #3 female; bluish body with orange tricolor spots 7-8" @ 275.00

new pic 1/10 below:

above: # 4 female: tricolor marbled 7-8" @ 275.00

new pic 1/10 below:

above: #6 male; tricolor marbled 8-9" @ 275.00

new pic 1/10 below:

above: #9 male 8-9" @ 300.00

new pics 1/10 below:

above: #10 male; bold marbled 8-9" @ 300.00

new pics 1/10 below:

above: #12 female; big girl with very unusual spots including '4 leaf clover' & 'horse shoes'. Could be someone's 'lucky ray'. 9-10" @ 275.00

new pic 1/10 below:

above: #13 male; tricolor with symmetrical orange 'ears' on each side of head 8-9" @ 275.00

above: #14 male; tricolor marble with eclipse spots 8-9" @ 300.00

See what I mean by the difference in ray's color from mug shot to tank shot?

above: Brazilian hystrix rays are 5-6" @ 250 each

above: Still one pair available of the 'red reticulatus' or 'red Caqueta' rays. They are 6-7" @ 125.00 each or 250.00 pair
These are not large growing rays and seem to be anything but shy about mating and birthing in the aquarium.
***All sold thanks***

Below are a couple castexi rays and a flower ray that were sold, but I left up one pic here for reference.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Any Brazil Hystrix?

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
West1;3657679; said:
Any Brazil Hystrix?

ALL THE ABOVE FISH and you're asking for something else?!

What am I gonna do? :irked:

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
bigguapote;3657743; said:
ALL THE ABOVE FISH and you're asking for something else?!

What am I gonna do? :irked:

I remember reading a post that u had True Brazil Hystrix coming in. I keep following your threads waiting for them. Unless I read your post wrong the day I seen it

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
West1;3657758; said:
I remember reading a post that u had True Brazil Hystrix coming in. I keep following your threads waiting for them. Unless I read your post wrong the day I seen it
They're supposed to come in with the kelberi order, if I read correctly.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
pwmin;3657770; said:
They're supposed to come in with the kelberi order, if I read correctly.

Oh, maybe thats why he got bothered. Probly getting lots of PMs about that list?

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
thefishguy7;3657930; said:
I'm going to say the last one is a hybrid
Interesting. It's motoro-like, but as you can see, I was hesitant to identify it. It's a wild Orinoco-collected fish for sure.

Anyone else that has seen a fish like this or has any helpful input, please don't hesitate to comment.

Regarding the hytrix rays, they are coming on Tuesday.
I will address the other Brazil fish coming on that day as well tomorrow.
It's gonna be crazy!

Thanks for viewing.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
bigguapote;3658269; said:
Regarding the hytrix rays, they are coming on Tuesday.
I will address the other Brazil fish coming on that day as well tomorrow.
It's gonna be crazy!

Thanks for viewing.
Thank you:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store