Digital Camera help ! ! !

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
21st birthday this year ( June ) .

I have am thinking on asking for a good Digital Camera . Mum and Dad both said they are not sure yet on how much they are willing to spend on me which sort of makes it hard to choose on a Camea to suggest to them , but they said they will have a talk and make thier mind up on how much i am aloud .

Been looking at the ~

Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera or the Canon EOS 450D .

But could you please suggest some good Digital Cameras for me to have a look at please . Would like it to have 10+ Mega Pixels and more . .

sorry not much info but i am not sure what i would like until i start reading more about them first . :)

chonhzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2007
Fresno CA
It really depends on how much you've got the spend. If I had a choice between the D90 or a 450D, I'd get the D90. Although I do own a 450D and I an very happy with it.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
chonhzilla;3820909; said:
It really depends on how much you've got the spend. If I had a choice between the D90 or a 450D, I'd get the D90. Although I do own a 450D and I an very happy with it.
Thats thing , i know its really hard to say which camera to suggest to me becuase i dont know how much i am aloud . But i would guess no more than £800.00 ( and thats including my Mum and Dad , Brother all my Aunt's and Uncles , Nanna and Grandad ) .If anyone can suggest some good SLR Digital Cameras to me then i can have a look/ read at them and find out more of what i would like/ need from a Camera . this will be my first proper Digital Camera other an a small cheap point and shot type one . So i would like one that is easy to use , but still really good and that i wont need to upgrade in a year or two's time and keep for a long time and just buy new Lenses , Ect for it .
_

Found this one too ~

Canon EOS 500D Digital SLR Camera

as well as the

Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera or the Canon EOS 450D .

_

chonhzilla ~ Why would you choose the D90 over the EOS 450D ?
What makes you pick the D90 , what makes it better ?

foldem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
I just bought a D90 recently and it's awesome! Would totally recommend it if you are a first time SLR user. Mucking around with the manual settings is alot of fun. So much more fun than taking pictures with a point and shoot.
Mine came with a stock zoom lens and i quickly got bored of it and bought a new prime lens which takes great portrait and static shots.

Once you go SLR you'll never want to pick up a point and shoot again bro.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Thanks for your reply .

Still need to have a search around and get more opinions from other people on different Cameras and why the camera people are saying .

D90 has 2 votes now . . . but please suggest more cameras and why you would choose them .

For Example the D90 only has 12.1MP but the 500D has 15.1 and the D90 is more money to buy and i would guess the one with more Mega pixels would buy better and more money . :confused:

foldem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
In your search for a camera don't just rely on how many MP the camera has, anything over 10MP for a SLR will do. MP only matters when you are printing out large images like poster size. Will you be doing any of that? If you're just taking normal pictures than anything around the 10-13MP range will do you just fine. With SLR's the lens is more important.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
foldem;3821665; said:
In your search for a camera don't just rely on how many MP the camera has, anything over 10MP for a SLR will do. MP only matters when you are printing out large images like poster size. Will you be doing any of that? If you're just taking normal pictures than anything around the 10-13MP range will do you just fine. With SLR's the lens is more important.
Thanks , that makes more scense now that the D90 is more expensive to buy but has less MP's than the 500D .

Basicly if i am going to start ( which i am not sure yet ) print out photos to a large size its better to have a camera with more MP's like the 450 or 500D than the D90 as if i would like just save photos on my computer or to print them off as a small size , I guess from what you are saying ~ foldem ?! . .

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Other than the D90 is there any others you all wouuld suggest for me to have a look at ?

thezombiesarecoming

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2010
clearwater, bc
i've been snooping around at digital slr's for a while now. really want one, but can't afford the one i want... which is a canon EOS 50D (i think that must be the same as the 500D that you mentioned?). from what i've read and the people i've talked to, i've been told that canon has really good lenses and i have a canon now that i've been very happy with, so that's why i lean towards that brand. but of course, nikon also has a very good reputation.

one thing that i was advised about is depending on what you're taking photos of, you want to watch for the shutter lag. if you're taking pics of a fast moving object (ie kids, animals, etc) a long shutter lag will cause you to essentially 'lose the moment' of the photo you want to take. basically, you press the button to take the photo and by time the camera takes the photo, the subject's moved. i'm sure that since you've been researching into the cameras, you probably already been advised about this, but i figured i'd mention it anyways.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store