My Pygocentrus Nattereri x4 ((load warning))

Greez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Ilinois
This are my 4 RBP :nilly: The biggest one is George... I got the name because he was always looking at me like George from "of mice and men" :eek:

015 (3).JPG

011.JPG

027 (3).JPG

:headbang2 George :headbang2

036.JPG

And I have one cave dweller :D

024.JPG

016 (2).JPG

Greez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Ilinois
I've had the little ones since early December but I've had George for almost two and half years now. I rescued him in a way... I knew a guy from class that invited a bunch of us guys over to watch his new "pets" eat, so we tagged along. When we arrived I saw two pale white Piranhas in a 10-15gallon tank with nothing in it but a air stone. He threw some feeders in there and they didn't do anything for a long time.

After a while he was very upset and decided he was going to kill them... So I told him I'd pay for them, and took them home. I didn't know a thing about Piranhas, tanks, cycles, or anything else so they may have not lived in the perfect condition for a little while. But I worked with what I had... I called in a few favors and got a tank, filter, and heater for them. :D

The good news is their color returned and so did their appetite. The bad news is I still didn't know jack about Piranhas... Then one day the power cut off for three days and Georges roomy died :( Finally I started finding sites like this one and now my fish are much happier. :headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

Greez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Ilinois
Hey guys :popcorn:

Just moved my Pygocentrus Nattereri's over to my 180g and they seem to love it :D

They are still a little stressed about the move but other then that seem to enjoy all the open space :D:D:D

So here's a few pics :headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

Piranha pics 022.JPG

Piranha pics 026.jpg

Dreamsing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas
nice looking fish. heh, i've seen that skull in every rbp tank pic i've seen on mfk. good for you rescuing those fish. i didn't know you could keep plecos with rbps without them getting eaten. how's that work?

pikey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2010
england
Dreamsing;3994460; said:
nice looking fish. heh, i've seen that skull in every rbp tank pic i've seen on mfk. good for you rescuing those fish. i didn't know you could keep plecos with rbps without them getting eaten. how's that work?
arnor plating over body there fine with reds i put a 12 inch plec in with my big rhom lets just say bye bye pleco

Greez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Ilinois
Well you really need to have some good hiding spots and a pleco that's bigger then your P's and has a never back down attitude. I've never had a problem with keeping them together, unless you count the time my pleco cut his lip off and was bleeding...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store