Datnoids and friends.

PufferFreak88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
San Marcos, CA
I currently have a total of x9 Indo Datnoid only 3 out of 9 eats hikari pellets and Hai-Feng pellets, but for the most part all of them is eating frozen San Francisco Bay bloodworms and Hikari krills. I feed them 3 times a day, morning before i go to work I feed them pellets, later on during the day when I get home from work I feed them frozen bloodworms (optional) and before the light goes out frozen krills.

The reason I use alternative food is because the NTT will only eat frozen krills and my Redtail Giant Gourami (aka Piggy) only eats pellets, therefore I use a varieties of food plus it also provide different nutrient for the baby Indo.

Fractal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
California
Nice Dats. I'm surprised the big one in the tank hasn't made a meal of the smaller one :).

Mines are growing out about the same right now. I've been feeding mainly frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms. Waiting for my sinking type food to arrive next week and I'm going to start switching them over.

PufferFreak88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
San Marcos, CA
Yeah that was my main concern when I first bought the x2 NTT datnoid, I was afraid they would make a meal out of my baby Indos but I guess it turned out to be a very happy ending. The Ntt are about 5" long.

Danny Monster

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
Westminster SoCal
PufferFreak88;3996064; said:
I currently have a total of x9 Indo Datnoid only 3 out of 9 eats hikari pellets and Hai-Feng pellets, but for the most part all of them is eating frozen San Francisco Bay bloodworms and Hikari krills. I feed them 3 times a day, morning before i go to work I feed them pellets, later on during the day when I get home from work I feed them frozen bloodworms (optional) and before the light goes out frozen krills.

The reason I use alternative food is because the NTT will only eat frozen krills and my Redtail Giant Gourami (aka Piggy) only eats pellets, therefore I use a varieties of food plus it also provide different nutrient for the baby Indo.
very nice. i have x10 indo dats. they are all stable eating frozen brine shrimp. i had all of them eating pellets but i ran out and bought sinking pellets. 1 or 2 dats ate them. but ya. my indos eats like monster. i also feed them 3 times of the day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store