My Aqueon 210 Tank

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
I threw some of these photos up in my 450 thread, but thought I'd start a new thread to keep things separate.

The 210 - thanks to Aqueon for all of this. I know someone in the biz and they provided me with this tank and new megaflow sump to test out. Also included was the pump, bio media, plumbing for overflows, stand, glass tops, lights, etc. Quite the nice hookup. Even nicer, they delivered it!

My original plan was to put this in the living room next to the 120g of the same style. It didn't look right. So it became an issue of where to put it. The final solution, drain the 120g down to a manageable amount, move that to the front of the house and put the 210 where the 120 was. This all happened last friday. Fun times!

All the plumbing for both overflows and bio media for the sump:

Painting the back...I used Satin Black, Interior/Exterior Valspar Latex Enamal. I rolled it on. Took about 5 coats to get it as dark as I wanted. First coat...

This is the megaflow sump. This thing is awesome. You can set it up 3 different ways: berlin style, as a refugium, or in the traditional style, which is what I chose. This is the model 4. I wish they made this bigger so I could use it on the 450. I may still try as it puts my sump to shame.
http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/megaflow-sump.htm

The pump I'm using with it is also from Aqueon, it is their submersible pump, model 4000, which does 755gph. I found it a bit noisy when I first started it up, but it seems much quieter now after its been running a few days.

Megaflow all set up, waiting for water...

On the other side, I'm running an FX5 (not from Aqueon). I originally had this connected to the overflow, but I had a problem with it sucking air. So in the end I had to run intake it came with. I have both overflows draining into the sump now. The sump outputs on the right return. The FX5 uses its own intake and outputs on the left return.

Tank all painted and ready for water...

Sand added, now adding water. I only used 50lbs of color quartz for this. I could probably use more, but the plan is to have rays in here one day, so the small amount of sand will keep them happy, but still make my life easy when it comes to maintenance.

Half full...more pictures coming soon. I have to go through everything on my DSLR, these were just from my little camera.

Updated pictures with RTC in the tank...

As you can see, he likes to take out the FX5 intake. I put it up in the morning and by the time I get home he has it either knocked off the suction cups or knocked the tubing altogether and the intake is laying on the bottom.

This is just his temporary home. He'll have a pond shortly and this tank will be used to house juvi rays.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
As you can see, he likes to take out the FX5 intake. I put it up in the morning and by the time I get home he has it either knocked off the suction cups or knocked the tubing altogether and the intake is laying on the bottom.
make sure he doesn't knock the output of the FX5 onto the floor.

I secured my Rena XP3 outputs to the tank cross braces using black cable ties.

it works very well.

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
It's secured fairly well, he loves to attack it though. He used to be so mellow, but since moving out of the 450 he's gotten more aggressive.

I put my TSN in for an evening and he wouldn't let him rest, so had to move the TSN back to the 450 for now. This has taught me that I'll need to put the TSN in the pond first so he can establish a bit of a territory before putting in the RTC.

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Working in the pet industry definitely has its perks. The company I work for represents Rena and Hagan (Fluval) - I'm begging to try out one of the new g6's, but doubt it'll be a possibility. We'll see.

Aqueon is represented by a friend who is married to a guy at my company. They hooked me up fat, for sure. I owe them a ton.

KAWAMIKIE

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
Nice set up!
I don't understand how the water flows in the sump??
How does it go through the socks and into the bio balls??

Your RTC looks very dark with the black sand.
I have white sand in my tank it makes my RTC a bit lighter.

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
KAWAMIKIE;4174726; said:
Nice set up!
I don't understand how the water flows in the sump??
How does it go through the socks and into the bio balls??

Your RTC looks very dark with the black sand.
I have white sand in my tank it makes my RTC a bit lighter.
I did this in paint, hopefully it'll help visualize it.

The water comes into the sump through the white plumbing with the red arrows on it. The water falls in to the plastic tube (with a bottom) with the blue. The tube fills up with water and raises to the black platform and into the filter socks. The water falls through the filter sock and into the first chamber where the yellow is. The water rises and spills into blue polyfill/drip plate. It drips through the bio balls and falls into the bottom of the second chamber where the orange is. There are holes down there allowing it to flow through the blue foam and up and over the last wall into the last chamber.

879348592_UNm5a-M.jpg

LD50

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Austin TX
Sweet deal man! I'm almost turning green over the hook up! Beautiful RTC also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store