is this kamfa...?

maneee26

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2010
chennai
hi to all new to this site and flowerhorn tooo....pls give me some suggestion about this fish....and is this kamfa...?

kamfa.jpg

bluejimm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2010
Elmonte, LA
since his tail is tightly wrapped tail and the upper lip is shorter than lower lip...it's definitely NOT a kamfa. Anyway, he's nice fish with kok potential...just need some time to bump him up

maneee26

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2010
chennai
thanks for ur suggestion...just wanna know he is worth for $120......?....and he's 7inchs...just bcoz they sold him as a kamfa....

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
bluejimm;4374518; said:
since his tail is tightly wrapped tail and the upper lip is shorter than lower lip...it's definitely NOT a kamfa. Anyway, he's nice fish with kok potential...just need some time to bump him up
Umm, are you confirmed with what your knowledge of tail wrap is? Tail wrap is suppose to be the tail touching the anal and dorsal fin. This fish has no wrap at all...and that is exactly what 90% of ZZ out there has.
And also with the lip, a lot of kamfa does not have equal lips. So I wouldn't depend on it being a kamfa or not by the lips. I made my identification of being a Red ZZ X Malau because every true Malau has double chin. This fish has exactly a double chin, with a lot of Red ZZ trait standing out such as red coloring to a certain limit on the fish, fins and tail shape.
Kamfa puts way more color than this, has a tail wrap, and no double chin.

bluejimm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2010
Elmonte, LA
hahaha LOL BIG_ONE chill dude, I forgot to put a "NOT" in my post. I meant "since his tail is NOT tightly wrapped tail" just forgot typing the NOT it's my mistake. I have a kamfa for sale now http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4367605#post4367605 so I know how its tail looks like. and yeah I'm not expert here so maybe I could be wrong about short lip but trying to confirm the guy about his not kamfa that's all

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store