Large Mouth bass Kept with Tropicals?

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
Just wondering would I be able to keep a large mouth bass in the same tank with my tropical fishes which is in tanks with high temp??

fishticuffs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
colorado
as long as they dont fit in his mouth. i raised one with my south american cichlid tank. they grow way fast in the warmer water. eat like horses too

fishticuffs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
colorado
hey your in colorado too. so simular water condtiions. catch him now before the temp drops in colorado water.

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
The tanks I have has arowanas and some bichirs my temp is set around 85 that is what I was worried about if it might be too hot for them. What were your temps at when you had the LMB?

fishticuffs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
colorado
between 80 an 82 i would guess. if you do it take like a day or two to do the aclimation. super slow. how hot is florida water in the summer/ i bet its gotta be up there. lmb live there right?

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
possible the colder areas of florida??? There are websites that shows LMB in florida. What happend to your LMB?

fishticuffs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
colorado
i traded him for some filters an stuff for my neighbors aquarium. i was helping him set up his first tank. now he is addicted

fishticuffs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
colorado
it will totally work. just slow an easy. it will grow like crazyt though. i caught my lil bass at ward ponds in my belly boat last summer.

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
Alright cool!! Im going to try it out It will definitely be bad ass to have it work.

I caught a walleye this year it was pretty big I tried to set him into my tanks but it didnt work out it looked real bad but I think my mistake was I didnt let it adjust slowly to the water and temp.

DREAM-faw

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
NorCal
fishticuffs;4492663; said:
as long as they dont fit in his mouth. i raised one with my south american cichlid tank. they grow way fast in the warmer water. eat like horses too
thumbs up!

They can survive in tropical water just as fine as tropical fishes :) Mines was fine at 86.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store