Grand Sumo Red

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Lots of proven to work on FlowerhornR'Us forum. If used for the proper coloring and for the right purpose then the color will be permanent. Other wise it will just be an unnatural coloration and fade off after you stop using the product. Great stuff if used properly only. Nothing bad about it after all...:)

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
If used for the proper coloring and for the right purpose then the color will be permanent. Other wise it will just be an unnatural coloration and fade off after you stop using the product. Great stuff if used properly only. Nothing bad about it after all...
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
RD.;4614656; said:
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
I know it won't until you start doing some self experience on how fish food effect certain fish in terms of coloration. My fault if I'm unclear on this, but I can't make it any clearer or have any other better way of explanation...;)

FishingOut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
PA
No matter if your using, Grand sumo, Ching, Hikari, NLS, or Tetra color enhancer its not going to "burn" color into your fishes pigment. Colors are all predetermined, Environmental factors can only visually enhance.
Cloraphil pink is a hell of a substance. Its capable of turning white fish orange and silver arowana into a $5000 red aro... Temperarily of course. Environmental factors determine the length of color staining pigments.
Now what seperates products like grand sumo from "healthier" enhancers like NLS is the use of synthetics. Im not going to get into how the central nervous system works because you can look that up on your own. But its a giant spiderweb of branches and the pigments sit and the bottem of the branchs. Now depending on which hormones the fish releases determines what the pigments do. Grand sumo May or May not effect the distribution of these hormones.
Now if you want to get into natural or synthetic astaxanthin than stick with products like NLS. Naturals synthetics are made from yeast, microalgae sources, salmon, zooplankton and crustaceans, it is used in human medicine. Absolutely harmless. Synthetics are derived from crude oils. Humans can sometimes have allergic reactions to these synthetics used in foods like salmon and shrimp. Its known to be harmless to the fish but will fade after disconintueing use.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I know it won't until you start doing some self experience on how fish food effect certain fish in terms of coloration.
That's funny.
What next, you're going to tell Pa how to make babies? :ROFL:

Its known to be harmless to the fish but will fade after disconintueing use.
With regards to synthetic color enhancing agents, I don't believe that there is any scientific data available that demonstrates that all (or any?) of these petroleum based substances are harmless to tropical fish. (when used in excess, and/or used over an extended period of time)

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
FishingOut;4615070; said:
No matter if your using, Grand sumo, Ching, Hikari, NLS, or Tetra color enhancer its not going to "burn" color into your fishes pigment. Colors are all predetermined, Environmental factors can only visually enhance.
Cloraphil pink is a hell of a substance. Its capable of turning white fish orange and silver arowana into a $5000 red aro... Temperarily of course. Environmental factors determine the length of color staining pigments.
Now what seperates products like grand sumo from "healthier" enhancers like NLS is the use of synthetics. Im not going to get into how the central nervous system works because you can look that up on your own. But its a giant spiderweb of branches and the pigments sit and the bottem of the branchs. Now depending on which hormones the fish releases determines what the pigments do. Grand sumo May or May not effect the distribution of these hormones.
Now if you want to get into natural or synthetic astaxanthin than stick with products like NLS. Naturals synthetics are made from yeast, microalgae sources, salmon, zooplankton and crustaceans, it is used in human medicine. Absolutely harmless. Synthetics are derived from crude oils. Humans can sometimes have allergic reactions to these synthetics used in foods like salmon and shrimp. Its known to be harmless to the fish but will fade after disconintueing use.
Great post boss !!

FishingOut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
PA
RD.;4615591; said:
With regards to synthetic color enhancing agents, I don't believe that there is any scientific data available that demonstrates that all (or any?) of these petroleum based substances are harmless to tropical fish. (when used in excess, and/or used over an extended period of time)
Salmon farmers wouldnt use it if it damaged their fish in anyway. I mean to find the exact Astaxanthin concentration per PPM to begin to cause liver or kidney damage is certainly not an easy task. Obviously synthetic Astaxanthin is not as healthy as a source as Haematoccus Pluvialis, a natural micro algae. A great antioxident.
So until the research is done, We can believe peoples testomonials with using the stuff with no adverse effects. Im sure there is a toxicity level just like any other chemical, But that seems to be much more than what we supply in foods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store