I bought a Failed DIY project!!!!!!

pi-eyed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I just went to look at a tank I found on craigslist. The tank is home made out of laminated glass. The tank is approx 93" L x 33" W x 24" T. Here's the problem... The back pane of glass cracked. He had the tank drilled with 6 bulkheads. The pane cracked above the bulkheads in a symetrical pattern. He had a piece of replacement glass for the back sitting beside the tank. Well, to make a long story short, He sold me the tank, stand, replacement glass,overflows, plus all of the plumbing for $160 :naughty:... I have faith in my building and resealing skills so I'm really looking forward to this project. The hardest part is going to be finding help to move it up from this guy's basement tomorrow night.

Wish me luck MFK,
Chris

3kf3m43l25Q05T55U2acr11d7953e6da41330.jpg

piggy67

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Michigan
pi-eyed;4743434; said:
I will be posting up progress on this project with lots of pics.

---Chris
Ermmmmm ummmmmmm, can you spare us with the "lots of pics"..:nilly: we all know your picture taking skills....:cry:.............:D........:banhim:

pi-eyed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Kalamazoo, Michigan
piggy67;4743491; said:
Ermmmmm ummmmmmm, can you spare us with the "lots of pics"..:nilly: we all know your picture taking skills....:cry:.............:D........:banhim:
I know, I know :(...Good camera,but crappy photographer :irked:!!!! I can re-seal tanks a whole lot better than I can snap pics for sure :thumbsup:.

----Chris

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
good luck and nice glass tank man very nice..

piggy67

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Michigan
pi-eyed;4743517; said:
I know, I know :(...Good camera,but crappy photographer :irked:!!!! I can re-seal tanks a whole lot better than I can snap pics for sure :thumbsup:.

----Chris
I certainly hope so, or your gonna be swimming with the fishes for real...:ROFL::ROFL:. I wouldnt want to wake up with that monster jar swimming around my bed....That thing is scary huge..:WHOA:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store