Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com

Amphilophus88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2009
Holland
It's a male.. females have blue splodges on the gill plate. I do understand why some people would think this one is female though.. since he has quite a lot of blue on the gill plate.

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
mark377;5122089; said:
It's a male.. females have blue splodges on the gill plate. I do understand why some people would think this one is female though.. since he has quite a lot of blue on the gill plate.
I'm confused. I have been told; even you state that if the blue is on the gill plate then most likely its a female. There alot of blue on the gill plates and on the lower jaws which to me indicates female. but yet you say male. I understand that venting is the only way to be 100% sure, Just wonder how did you come across of it being male and not female??

Amphilophus88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2009
Holland
k0y0te;5122098; said:
I'm confused. I have been told; even you state that if the blue is on the gill plate then most likely its a female. There alot of blue on the gill plates and on the lower jaws which to me indicates female. but yet you say male. I understand that venting is the only way to be 100% sure, Just wonder how did you come across of it being male and not female??

Thought I post a picture of my pair to explain.. the female has a lot more "splodges" on her gill plate then the male. Also females usually have less color on their body then males.

I understand what you mean with the blue on the gill plate.. since mine has no blue on the lower part either.. still that fish the op posted looks a lot more male then female to me.

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store