Monsterfish in planted tanks

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
Anyone got like planted arowana tanks picts to share or any other monsterfish tanks with plants to show? Also some information on your tank like size, water parameters, species of flora and fauna, lighting and filtration would be nice. Please also include any other information that you would deem useful to set up a tank like yours will also be greatly appreciated.

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
everytime i tride to put plants with my monsters they were always floating with in 10 min but I did have a 125 planted with 13 red bellies and a $hit load of neons it was a cool combo

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
yea^
or dwarf snakehads in planted.
fly river turtles :lol2:
i have seen an impressive stingray tank with alot of cats, planted

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
hmm i guess the monsterfishes tend to uproot plants in their tanks thats y not many people want to do it. But i have seen a few successfull planted tanks with large arowanas living together with neon tetras and other small fish.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I use small pots for the rooted plants, the fish sometimes move the pots around and dig the out of the gravel but seldom uproot them, I like dwarf pond lilies for large fish because it gives them cover without blocking movement.

DIESELMACK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2005
WorldWide
heres a teaser for ya...one of my pbass tanks.......it can be done.

zmon2.jpg

zmon3.jpg

zmon5.jpg

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
I was worried about my pleco not getting enough food in his diet cuz the oscar inhales all algae pellets and so I bought some plants... he did not want anything to do with them and they stayed in there for a couple months without getting uprooted but he is a lil weird and has never dug...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store