18" BGK.. Someone requested that I post pics..

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
So here they are!

He is in a standard 55g tank for size reference. Just recently picked up a 75g all for himself... poor guy has lived his whole life in a 55g, but they aren't terribly dependant of swimming space and has no problem navigating in smaller spaces.

BGK.jpg

BGKElephant.jpg

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Maybe he's not quite 18".. it sure dosn't look like it in the pic.. Maybe a few inches short of that, but it sure seems like he touches tip to tip when bobbing for food in his feeding ring.

dark_knights_99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Philippines
Don't the elephantnose and bgk fight? Dude have you asked the previous owner of the bgk how many years did it take for it to grow like that?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Thats pretty cool, dont see so many monster BGK. Nice little plec and elephant nose.

dark_knights_99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Philippines
davo;673869; said:
Thats pretty cool, dont see so many monster BGK. Nice little plec and elephant nose.
I agree, most bgk I saw on many LFS are at least 4-6 inches. Im rwally jealous of your bgk.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
dark_knights_99;673608; said:
Don't the elephantnose and bgk fight? Dude have you asked the previous owner of the bgk how many years did it take for it to grow like that?
Technically they aren't suppose to be able to live togethor, due to their sonar frequencies.. However, these guys lived togethors for 9 years.

The elephant nose passed away a few months back, due to lack of nutrition because I tried to add more tankmates, and he just wasn't getting enough food from being a finnicky eater. By the time I recognized how skinny he was, he didn't handle the move to an isolation tank for bulking up well..

They lived togethor in a 55g tank for 9 years before I got them (inherited from the wifeys parents).. They had a few tankmates over the years, including needlefish, leaf fish, and parrot fish. They were fed 2 cubes of bloodworms, every morning, for 9 years.. The BGK always had a slab of rock leaning against the back of the tank for him to hide behind.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
very nice..too bad about the beautiful elephant nose..but they are hard keepers and you did have yours a long time.. great pictures..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store