FLUVAL FX5 PROBLEM....

Mentzer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
I am running two FX5's on my main tank, but over the last month or so one of them keeps getting a very fine spray of air bubbles returning to the tank via the two return outputs. Even though it shuts down for 2 minutes every 24 hours, principally to void any trapped air!!!, it makes no difference, nor does unplugging for several minutes and switching on again. I stripped it down and checked for any blockages and made sure the motor and impeller was fine, which it was, and it was ok for a few days, now it's happening again. Has anyone had similar problems or does anyone have any ideas to resolve this problem. Thanks.

95socalstang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2006
Las Vegas
Is your intake anywhere near an airstone or anything making bubbles? I had to move all of my air sources as far away as possible due to the fact that it was pulling bubbles from up to 2 feet away!

Eric

Mentzer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
95socalstang;695636;695636 said:
Is your intake anywhere near an airstone or anything making bubbles? I had to move all of my air sources as far away as possible due to the fact that it was pulling bubbles from up to 2 feet away!

Eric
No, large airstone is in the middle of the tank 39" away from the intake!
I just can't figure this one out, it's really annoying, a constant mist of bubbles.

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
Check your seal, and seals for the hoses. You can have very small leaks that don't allow water to pass, but air only. I have had to deal with this while plumbing some of my larger pumps.

Chris

Mentzer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
BOTR;695682;695682 said:
Check your seal, and seals for the hoses. You can have very small leaks that don't allow water to pass, but air only. I have had to deal with this while plumbing some of my larger pumps.

Chris
Thank you for that BOTR. I shall check them all tomorrow.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
BOTR;695682; said:

Chris
thats what i was thinking too, after i put mine back together i re tighten the top after a couple of days.
i run 2 fx5's on my tanks too.

AnDr3w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
Davie, FL
Mentzer;695580; said:
I am running two FX5's on my main tank, but over the last month or so one of them keeps getting a very fine spray of air bubbles returning to the tank via the two return outputs. Even though it shuts down for 2 minutes every 24 hours, principally to void any trapped air!!!, it makes no difference, nor does unplugging for several minutes and switching on again. I stripped it down and checked for any blockages and made sure the motor and impeller was fine, which it was, and it was ok for a few days, now it's happening again. Has anyone had similar problems or does anyone have any ideas to resolve this problem. Thanks.

Same here but its on an eheim.

GJC

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
BOTR;695682; said:

Chris
X2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store