220g project is starting NOW!

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
i went to the local DIY store to get an estimate on wood prices and sizes so i could draw my plans. and finally i am ready to start. tomorow i will be picking up the wood for my tank stand. Ill be building the stand for approx 200 bucks worth of wood. Ill take pics so yall can see it tomorow.

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
IM SO EXCITED!

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
Coolio... i got started today and its looking awesome. the stand that is. I got most of it done actually and with ease too. There was one problem when I realized the cross bars were cut to short at the woodshop and i had to take the front of the tank off and scootch it down about an inch. this is not really a problem because i designed the stand to be slightly larger than I needed. I may have gone a little overboard on the amount of support beams and stuff, but id rather go overboard then wake up one morning with 220 gallons of water all of the place and a giant tank on the floor....

I got so into my project that I kind of lost track of time, which sucks because i worked passed the store opening hours and now Ive run out of screws. Shops arent open till monday again and with university classes, i wont b able to continue till next weekend :<

Ill put pictures up on monday of my work so far, this computer doesnt have the software for my camera.

this small delay is probably a good thing though because Im still saving money for the wood for the aquarium... so otherwise id be staring at a empty stand for a while... I cant wait till this thing is done.

O! and a nother thing that has made me super happy today is that I found a great deal on glass. instead of ordering a 600 dollar pane of glass for my tank, i found out that I could get a friends dad in bulgaria to make it for a small 120 dollars... and then ship it over for about 150. so in total ill be saving more than half on the glass!!!

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Coooool. Sounds like your friend in Bulgaria needs to find out how much shipping is to the US. They could make a killing.

rockinthe40ounce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2007
west virginia
cant wait for pics

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
My sisters boyfriend came by today and i showed him what i was doing (hes quite the handy man)... first thing he did was start laughing when he saw it. so i thought i just wasted a lot of money... but no! he was laughing at the size of my main supports. he claims i could hold up a semi with this frame... :)
Ive actually been thinking of a way to test the strength of the frame. My moms car weighs like 1400 kilos. I figure that would be a good test because the full tank will probably weigh about the same. any ideas on how to get a car on it?

Nate77

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2006
Manheim PA
mb_barton;704487; said:
My sisters boyfriend came by today and i showed him what i was doing (hes quite the handy man)... first thing he did was start laughing when he saw it. so i thought i just wasted a lot of money... but no! he was laughing at the size of my main supports. he claims i could hold up a semi with this frame... :)
Ive actually been thinking of a way to test the strength of the frame. My moms car weighs like 1400 kilos. I figure that would be a good test because the full tank will probably weigh about the same. any ideas on how to get a car on it?
Pick the car up with a forklift

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store