Built In Tank Stand for my cichlids...

portabuddy

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2006
mississauga
well this goes back to 2004 when i first built the tank stand its meant to be completely built in when the basement gets finished. the stand it self is made of three ikea kitchen cabinets I LOVE IKEA THEY MAKE DECORATING EASY!!!!, the center is 15" and the two on either sides are 12". the framing is all 2x4. there are four pieces along the top. one a lond the front and back and two in the middle with vertical 2x4 for each horizontal and a table top of 3/4" MDF to spread the weight evenly. the flap along the top to cover the light is just left over material that is more or less junk and will be replace with a mirror backed piece of hard wood. the sides and bottom will be covered with stained trim to match the door and drowrs.

I was limited in the size and depth of the stand be existing plumbing, those ugly black pipes you see on the back and top. I couldn't go any higher than i did because of the plumbing also.

the earlier pics where taken before i had my cannon... and are crappy it was only a 3mp set to 2mp. and it blurred a lot. EVEN ON A TRIPOD!.

Here are the pics, and what it looks like underneath...and the waterproof top that I also used for a temporary flap so the light doesn't blind me...

http://aquariacentral.com/forums/
attachment.php?attachmentid=8013&d=1162189169

portabuddy

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2006
mississauga
here are two pic of some of the other framing... and what it looks like now Well this is why the tank is as high as it is, the tank is at eye level with the three piece sectional, this is with the inner lining but without any trim, so it looks a bit unfinished, there is a dedicated 15A power outlet on the inside of the middle cabinet.

also did i mention that i love IKEA, they make organization so easy, here is my "food tray" with plenty of colour bit and sticks. as well as on the right my double action siphon hose

eh1421

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2005
*indiana*
that is sweet

mike

chico3611

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
North NJ
I cant see any of the pics either. :(

AnDr3w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
Davie, FL
chico3611;753032; said:
I cant see any of the pics either. :(
same here.

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Maw, I see no pictures! Get me my gun! I am going to hunt down this no-picturing snake!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store