Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
NH2CL (Chloramine) Blaster Upgrade Kit
( Aqua Engineering & Equipment )
Price: $59.99
A standard carbon block works well to remove chlorine, however, more and more municipalities are adding ammonia to the water treatment processes to stabalize the chlorine from releasing harmful by-products into the water. As you may know, ammonia is toxic to marine organisms and this filter is the only pre-filter to effectivly remove this harmfull chemical.

The NH2CL (Chloramine) Blaster upgrade kit, will remove the chlorine + ammonia also known as chloramines before passing through the reverse osmosis membrane, therefore extending the life of your membranes and deionization (DI) filters. Our NH2CL Blaster filters also have a longer life span then the standard carbon block.

The NH2CL (Chloramine) blaster works effectively only when run in series to allow enough contact time with the water, that is why an extra canister is provided. To install this upgrade:

* You transfer your first sediment filter into the single canister provided
* Discard your current carbon block, and place the 2 NH2CL Filters in the 2 empty canisters on your system.
* Use the provided tube to connect the single canister with sediment filter to the beggining of your system, and
* Connect the feed line to the sediment filter.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
$62.00 - DUAL STAGE CATALYTIC GRANULAR ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER

TWO STAGE SYSTEM FOR BEST CHLORAMINE FILTERING
INCLUDES TWO CLEAR 10" HOUSINGS, TWO REFILLABLE CARTRIDGES, PREMIUM GRADE CATALYTIC GRANULAR ACTIVATED CARBON INCLUDED, QUICK FITTINGS, AND SIX FEET OF 1/4" TUBING. THIS IS DESIGNED TO BE USED AS A PRE FILTER ADD ON TO YOUR RO MEMBRANE AND DI CANISTER FOR CHLORAMINE REDUCTION.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
need to order a couple of those

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
johnptc;831706;831706 said:
with a unit called dosmatic... automatically adds prime to the change water.... water powered no electricity....

http://www.dosmatic.com/index.php?page=index
cool... intresting... which model did you get?

you prefer the dosmatic over the filters?

wont the filter more cost effective?

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
neoprodigy;831751; said:
cool... intresting... which model did you get?

you prefer the dosmatic over the filters?

wont the filter more cost effective?
its a model A12.... i change about 1200 gallons a day for the two big tanks.....its a lot of prime which i get in 20 liter containers from a wholesaler.....

I dont know that filters would handle that volume for very long :D

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
johnptc;831706; said:
with a unit called dosmatic... automatically adds prime to the change water.... water powered no electricity....

http://www.dosmatic.com/index.php?page=index
John, I am not sure I understand..you keep on adding Prime to a stabilized tank? why? isn't the bacteria population established in your tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store