Drip for nano setups

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
I was thinking... is it possible to set up a drip system for a nano setup? If it is feasible, maybe I will take a crack at it.

Just have to go out and buy a nano aquarium or purchase another 10 gallons, then work on the idea. However I want to see if it is possible. :nilly:

JustLooking

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2006
Pa
I am a believer that everything is possible,
If someone tells me something is impossible,I try that much harder to make it work.
If it will work on a large system,why cant it be scaled down to work on smaller setups.

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Thanks for the link!

I was thinking of making a drip for a 2g, 3g or 5g. I am thinking of getting a 10g, 15g or 20g Rubbermaid container for holding water. The water between the container and the nano aquarium will be filtered through a carbon, while the water. I will have to contact someone if the city use chloramine.

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Still pondering how to do this properly for a 5g or smaller setup... I am not talented enough in the engineering department. :( I have an idea with a 10 gallon... however that is about it.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
TheBloodyIrish;844267; said:
... I will have to contact someone if the city use chloramine.
Add some dechlor to tap water and then test it for ammonia.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
TheBloodyIrish;961659; said:
Still pondering how to do this properly for a 5g or smaller setup... I am not talented enough in the engineering department. :( I have an idea with a 10 gallon... however that is about it.
The smallest drip emitter made is .5 gph which is way too much for such a small tank. You can still use the pressure regulator made for them and then add an inline valve (also made for drip systems) to adjust the drip. Drip systems are made for flower beds and potted plants. The parts are available at any hardware store on the irrigation isle.

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Thanks CHOMPERS! :cheers:

The reason why I am doing this is because... I am really bad with water changes, and I always forget, which is weird since I remember to water my plants. So it would be awesome if I can get my little guys to live in a stable environment in the future.

So I just need to look for pressure regulators and inline valves in the irrigation isle, eh? no problem! Now... to draw up a plan. :swear: I will be back...

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Yeah, I know what you are talking about. I don't have too much trouble with my water changes but I know what you mean. Also, by the time I water my plants, I am looking at dried up twigs.

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Hopefully I am going somewhere with this... if not... back to the drawing board! :nilly:

I hope I am getting what you are saying correctly...

nanodrip.PNG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store