dovii experts help me

bennet

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
australia
just wondering if n e 1 who has grown up dovii can tell me how big i can get my juvi dovii to grow in a 6x2x2ft tank,& how often/large water changes should i do to increase his growth rate and potential.lastly any advice on feeding would be great.my six ft has 2 aquaclear 500s & 1 1500ltre an hour powerhead & 1 1200ltre an hr powerhead with a spraybar.i feed him 3-4times a day on flake, pellets,bloodworms and beefheart.ph of 7.3 tap water.

REDKID!!!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2006
San Diego CA
Will it be alone? Males can get 12" plus but i've seen some around 15". Females usually around 12" A 180 is enough to house a dovii for life and possibly a pair. You could do what ever waterchange you want really. I would do 10% a week

cichniss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Red wood city
It its male you could get it to grow to about 18" though some grow larger. If female then probably like 16". I would do at least 25% water changes weekly. I would only feed the beefheart like once every two weeks because it is bad for their health long term.

REC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2005
Seattle Area
bennet;892482; said:
just wondering if n e 1 who has grown up dovii can tell me how big i can get my juvi dovii to grow in a 6x2x2ft tank,& how often/large water changes should i do to increase his growth rate and potential.lastly any advice on feeding would be great.my six ft has 2 aquaclear 500s & 1 1500ltre an hour powerhead & 1 1200ltre an hr powerhead with a spraybar.i feed him 3-4times a day on flake, pellets,bloodworms and beefheart.ph of 7.3 tap water.
First off please disregard the first to reply's to your question they are offbase. If you decide to keep a male which is obviously the choice of most then a 180 will do fine for a large male. Concerning size a male will reach 12-13" in the first year and reach a final length between 20-24" within the following 2-3 years. If you decide to go with a pair a 180 will be way to small for an adult pair and you will need to keep the female sperated from the male when they aren't breeding. Waterchanges depend on the the size of your dovii, as he grows your waterchanges will become larger and more frequent. My male is in a 180 by himself and i do 2- 40% changes a week. When your keeping a large fish like this and you feed him daily like i do the water quality can go downhill real fast so filter maintenace and waterchanges are key to keeping a healthy specimen. GoodLuck to you.

bennet

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
australia
REC;892888; said:
First off please disregard the first to reply's to your question they are offbase. If you decide to keep a male which is obviously the choice of most then a 180 will do fine for a large male. Concerning size a male will reach 12-13" in the first year and reach a final length between 20-24" within the following 2-3 years. If you decide to go with a pair a 180 will be way to small for an adult pair and you will need to keep the female sperated from the male when they aren't breeding. Waterchanges depend on the the size of your dovii, as he grows your waterchanges will become larger and more frequent. My male is in a 180 by himself and i do 2- 40% changes a week. When your keeping a large fish like this and you feed him daily like i do the water quality can go downhill real fast so filter maintenace and waterchanges are key to keeping a healthy specimen. GoodLuck to you.
thankyou guys,rec u im sure know ur dovii as i have looked at ur dovii before and can i add im very impressed.best looking male in my opinion ive seen.lovely colours and healthy as.my male is currently with 2 silver dollars,one mono serpae & a eeltaile catfish as i worry if he has no competition he may not eat like a horse when he gets bigger.hence probably wouldnt grow as large as it could.if i knew hed eat on his own then he would be.the reason i say this is everytime i have bought semiadult it never eats hardly and i stress when pets dont eat.thanks for your input guys and rec keep us up to date on ur awesome fella please....

EmericaBadBoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2007
Washington St.
REDKID!!!;892566; said:
Will it be alone? Males can get 12" plus but i've seen some around 15". Females usually around 12" A 180 is enough to house a dovii for life and possibly a pair. You could do what ever waterchange you want really. I would do 10% a week
Your undersizeing them alot ive seen a few 20" males

Tango374

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
MI
Havent seen you around in a while Rec got some new pics for us?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store