Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA

skillzizzo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2007
Mesa - Arizona
Looks good man.

I was following you'r other post about the build glad you'r done kinda off a tight squece in that hole ha i gues you measured about perfect. How did you get it to hold all of that water with out a thick out side band of like 2"x4"s or something to hold the walls together i saw in you'r other thread how you built it and i was sceared for you but i guess it turned out nice good luck and hopefully it stays.

Sincely,

Jeffrey allen Braley

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
skillzizzo;964579; said:
Looks good man.

I was following you'r other post about the build glad you'r done kinda off a tight squece in that hole ha i gues you measured about perfect. How did you get it to hold all of that water with out a thick out side band of like 2"x4"s or something to hold the walls together i saw in you'r other thread how you built it and i was sceared for you but i guess it turned out nice good luck and hopefully it stays.

Sincely,

Jeffrey allen Braley
It will stay ;) this tank is built like a... well like a tank! There is a framework of 2x4's inside the plywood walls. The plywood itself screwed together probably would be strong enough (screws edgewise into 3/4 plywood are surprisingly strong), but I wanted to have an overlap in all the corners for sealing and extra strength.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
CichlidAddict;964576; said:
Looking good. What are you going to stock it with?
I'm working on my list right now. I think an albino oscar, a Blue Acara or two, a couple of severum (probably red-shouldered), a gold nugget or a pictus cat. I'm thinking a small school of firemouths for dither.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
JonF;964693; said:
Very nice! Congrats! What are the dimensions of the tank?
Thanks! The tank is 5.5' long, 3' tall, and 2' deep. There rear corners are cut off to provide room for plumbing behind the tank, so that coupled with wall thicknesses, etc. works out to about 185 gallons actual interior volume. The sump is around 70gal total volume, but will probably only run 20-30 gallons when it's operating.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store