new ideas kickin,i think im going crazy

midnight

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2006
under a bridge in fl
im thinking of collecting to sell.
walmart has kind of clear 15g tupperwares for 5 bucks.
and i might get some 10's from chomps.
so these are some ideas.
1. just 10's?
2. just tupperwares?
3. all the above?
any better ideas on plumbing or anything if i try this?
:D
:popcorn:

Attachments

• 966.8 KB Views: 399
  • 966.8 KB Views: 160
  • 966.8 KB Views: 135

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I'll look for the pictures of how I plumbed all this. I am going to bed now but I'll find it next time I am on.

Resized 1.jpg

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I can't find the pictures of the plumbing. I may have wiped them from my computer. In a nutshell, all the water going to the sump is looped together and the water returning to the tanks is also looped together. By saying 'looped', I mean that they are connected together in a big loop. Looping is a plumbing technique that prevents pressure drops as water excapes through each valve. The tanks are plumbed in series but the last tank is also plumbed back to the beginning to form a complete plumbing loop (if that made any sense).

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
midnight;1108613; said:
cool
that an old setup?or current?
It is current. It is outside and I have had problems with it during the winter. I now only keep goldfish and tadpoles in there.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Both plastic and glass.

Sponge/foam filters?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/ind...cp&kw=sponge+filter&origkw=sponge+filter&sr=1

For air get a breathing treatment machine (nebulizer?) / compressor (oil less) (check GW or freecycle), they'll handle a lot of shallow tanks.

Or a mini version of the bucket filter, 1/2g milk jugs / A/C filter material / lava rock / pump http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=45305 .

Since this is a for profit venture, this will help keep disease to a minimum.

Dr Joe

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
midnight;1111658; said:
...and if ya lost pics,and the setup is current,cant you get new pics? :grinno:

I can't take a picture of the plumbing as a whole because it is between the tanks and the wall. I'm not sure if it would be easier to move the tanks or the wall...

Dr. Joe has a good point about isolating the containers. Sponge filters are pretty efficient too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store