Convict - Salvini spawned

scratanut

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2007
India
www.flickr.com
I have a male convict(barred) and a female salvini in my tank, they have been spawning since three months, though the earlier spawns were not successful, the parents ate away the fry, this time they have spawned the fourth time approximately 60-70 hours back, now I noticed tiny tails coming out of the eggs and eggs are trembling, the salvini is carefully removing the eggs from the wall and placing them on a flat rock. I dont have any idea of breeding them, I started this aquarium with an intention of a show tank with a single specimen of each type. I wanted to know when the fry will be free swimming, and does anyone here have an idea how these hybrids look? please if you do have any pictures, post them here. In how many days the fry should be separated from the parents?

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
Got more of an idea, here you go bro my breeder female;) Sal x Con:)
Soon you will all see the next step from this cross when the Conglehybrenussalvianides are unleashed mooahahhhhh been saving them too:naughty: If you think Salvini or Convict have nasty disposition you are correct haha, now think of the two mixed. Yes she is quite the Pit Bull. Now once again I take and step this up to new level adding a missing ingredient for more viewing pleasure and new strain is born. If be up for sale and show very soon waiting for the right time to unvail. Hope the pics help you brother

fishtankdork

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
pa
beautiful mr.bastardfish

scratanut

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2007
India
www.flickr.com
Wow! It looks even mean than both of the parents, we can say convict elongatus lol!! I knew someone might have done this before, and MFK is the best place to search for it, thanks a lot! Bastardfish, how is the male specimen? they dont get the intense yellow coloration from salvini, how did you cross these male convict and female salvini? Was it an accident? Will it be different when parents of different(f convict x m salvini) genders are used?

Thanks once again for sharing pics pal

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
KNow you are thinking son hahha
Well the first breed most came out like this.
The new breed I told you about I breed the color traits back in
you shall see soon going to sell some too MFK will get a shot at some;)
Here is a Parent shot

took a few breedings to get it correct keep this in mind after the first breeding to make the mother:D

new breed going to have daddy's colors half his markings and the other half is mothers markings all mixed into one, with a nasty additude to match:naughty::D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store