treatment

1. S

Fire Eel Treatment for Ick

Hey guys, I’m back with the need for more fire eel advice. I woke up this morning and saw that I had some fish with what looks like ick starting to spread on my geosphagus. My fire eel isn’t showing symptoms right now. But what treatment is safe to use with her in the aquarium? All parameters...
  2. N

Pleco poisoned by ichX treatment??

Pleco sick from treatment??? 125gallon freshwater, partially planted, river rock substrate (sparsely covered) currently: (see below for prev details) I THINK the plan is to get a new carbon filter since the water changes seem to upset him and use that to clear the water giving a few days for...
  3. B

Hole In The Head Treatment

I have got my flowerhorn 2 months ago he was having some stress issues lately. Today I have observed that he is having 2 hole just above his mouth. I did my research on this and found that this is a disease call HOLE IN THE HEAD but I was unable to find a proper treatment for this problem. He...
  4. islandguy11

Good info about use of salts in aquariums

This video (from Cory at Aquarium Co-op; love him, hate him or somewhere in between, it's not the point of this thread), contains a lot of useful and imho good sense info about using salts in aquariums. More experienced fish keepers will likely know most of the info already but you still might...
  5. K

Using pond treatment on a tank?

Would it be wise to use api pond algaefix on a tank because 1 gallon is $47.49 than a 16 oz is like $10.92. I think getting a 1 gallon pond algaefix is cheaper than get 8 "16 oz" of algaefix which cost almost $87.36. Could I use pond ecofix sludge destroyer too? If I have api stress coat do I...
  6. T

Growths on Arowana?

Hoping someone can help me out here. My asian aro has developed these growths towards his tail. I thought it might be fungal growth but its not white like ich would appear, its the same greyish colour as his scales. Any advise on what it could be/how to treat?
  7. F

Epsom salt solution help!

Hey guys, first post here! I have a question as I recently bought my first flowerhorn but had a question regarding treating internals with epsom salt (I keep other large cichlids and some australian natives as well aa a community tank but never had to do it). As the fish is refusing food, I...
  8. B

Oscar parasites or constipation?

I recently got an Oscar at a box pet store and from the day I brought him home his uhhh fishy butt has been swollen and he has white poop, not stringy. He’s in a 20g quarantine tank, daily water changes ammonia & nitrites are 0 and nitrate is pretty dang close to 0 with the daily changes. I’m...
  9. N

Recommend medicines that are safe for Plecos

Hi. I am new to the hobby and wanting to buy some medication to be prepared for any outbreak. I have two Pleco but looking at buying Tetras to add to the tank. What are some safe medications for my Plecos to fight parasites and bacteria?
  10. M

Yellow Lab with ich

I am almost positive a new yellow.lan we got has ich. We do not have a medicine tank. Is there a safe product we can purchase to treat the ich on the yellow.lan, but is also safe for all the other fish in the tank? I will be livid if all my fish die...
  11. R

angelfish doing horizontal circles and gets worse with the light on???

ok, firstly i want to say hello and thank you for allowing me to join this community. I have had my 55 Gal tank set up for almost a year now and have 7 small angels in there, but recently bought a breeding pair from a guy local to me. I went and picked them up, and while doing so we tested the...
  12. M

Ebjd treatment

First off I would like to say hi to the mfk community. Even though I am just now a member this forum has been a primary source of information and inspiration for me. So about 2-3 weeks ago I picked up some ~1 inch ebjd fry. I know that there are a finicky fish but I have had a 4/4 success...
  13. B

Ich ehhhh!

Hello there, I have just gotten back into the hobby of fish keeping, and was graced with the bane of the hobby, Ich. So here is a breakdown of my tank. 55 gal acrylic set at 82 degrees F. Sand x Gravel for substright. no live plants. 1 Blue Gourami (now 1) Sail fin Molly 3 Sunburst Plattys...
  14. S

Help! What is wrong with my Platy?

Yesterday I noticed white dots on my black Platy, however I don't think it's whitespot, because it looks as if it's not on the skin, it's like, hanging on, I don't know. It's eye has a white coat and the white things are as I said, not in the skin, but on it. I looked it up and I found something...
  15. Kolossus

Treatment Suggestions Needed

TREATMENT HELP NEEDED. I just pulled this lice-like bug off of a recent wild caught ray. Haven't ever dealt with any thing like this before so wondering a few things: 1) Who has dealt with this before? 2) What treatment did you employ? 3) Were there any adverse effects to the treatment? This...
  16. C

Possible Anchor Worm Infestation

Hi, this is my first post in this website, so hello guys :). So, two days ago I bought a black oranda goldfish. When I got him I noticed there was a dangly piece of scale on his side, but didn't think much of it. The following day I noticed that a second one had appeared on his other side. So...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store