tilapia

1. S

Better really strong filtration for a 50 Gallon aquarium?

I am debating over wintering some Tilapia in a 50 Gallon aquarium primarily for my own use. I'm thinking of special event meals with basically a whole fish in Parchment or a Salt fish preparation for holidays and as a supplement if things get as bad as the talk around town is with food getting...
  2. DirtyPaws949

For Sale  Random cichlids. Red tilapia, red devil (?), convict, Jack Dempsey

Hey guys, I recently got a 60gal tank but it came with fish, some of which are not compatible. I also have a few fish from my established tanks that I’m looking to find new homes for due to overcrowding/bullying/breeding. •12-13” red tilapia. His coloring is pretty awesome, but he’s got a face...
  3. JordanJ

Feeding frozen fish

Here in the UK I’m having a hard time finding tilapia fillets. I can buy whole black tilapia in a local oriental supermarket but it’s not ideal. However whilst I was there I saw a few different species that people will recognise. My question is do people prefer to feed freshwater species of...
  4. TheMoneyTank(TMT)

What fish are these ?!?!?! HELP

So I went the lfs yesterday and saw a pair of cichlids about 9inches long I had no idea what they were I was thinking a tilapia of some sort but I'm unsure so any help is much appreciated
  5. B

Do fish (bichir) need multivitamins in pellet food or can they eat tilapia/shrimp as a staple?

Ex: Massivore/pellet foods contains vitamins. Reason I ask is because Massivore (don't mean to bash on Hikari) smells awful like poo but they will eat them. And I saw my bichir try to eat its own poo, I feed them once a day until they have stomach with slight bulges and they poop it out within...
  6. S

Any good chiclid lure suggestions

Im looking for good lures for oscars and mayans however if you have any suggestions for tilapia especially red belly that would be greatly appreciated.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store