size

1. T

Ompoks

Hello! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm trying to gather some info about Ompok species, but I've struggled a bit. I did find some threads on here aswell as on Planet Catfish discussing different Ompoks, so I'm thinking that this might be the best place to find keepers/ex keepers. @fatboy8...
  2. H

Maximum red hooks in my 225 gallons

I have a 225 gallon tank, 6ft x 2.5 ft x 2 ft i want to fill it with all red hook fish, because i like to them schooling together. How many Red hooks can i stack in my current tank?
  3. Cichlids keeper

What is the smallest Can/SA dwarf cichlid.

As said in the title what is the smallest Ca/Sa cichlid?
  4. Cichlids keeper

Short body Red Texas-Size

Picture is from Okccichlids' Instagram Does anyone know how big Short body Red Texas get?
  5. The-Almighty-Zugs

Average Size of Piraya Piranha?

So I just wanted to ask a quick question in regards to the "full grown" / "adult" size of Piraya Piranhas. So I know that Piraya can get to monster sizes like 20" and such and these are considered Frankensteins, while others don't get that big. And I've seen people say a lot of things in regards...
  6. S

EBJD growth and true max size

I see dozens of posts about EBJD, but it seems quite hard to find any full grown adults. In fact I find it near impossible to find pictures of any much bigger than 4”. This is mine, a little over 5”, around 14 months old. If anyone has any pictures of bigger ones, or can give a good idea of...
  7. B

Fry to juvenile size

Does anyone know how long it takes for a tiny fry newborn bichir to reach around 3 inches? if specifics are needed, I am wondering about the albino bichir. Thanks in advance!
  8. B

Delhezi size compatibility question

I'm going to be moving some fish to their semi-permanent home soon(it's a massive 300 gallon tote, huge score at $200, while I save up for an actual tank which is why it's semi) and want to have all intended inhabitants quarantined and good to go so I can add them all at once and not have to...
  9. Oz fish guy

How big is your bala shark?

If my red tail bala shark had teeth it would be by far the most agro fish i have. It is already i reckon it just cant seem to hurt anyone. How big have your bala sharks gotten? Go ahead n show them off
  10. aes1687

Tank Size

Hi guys, new MFK member here. Just wanted to see your thoughts. I have a 9 inch Salton Catfish right now, and im thinking of making a new home for him and some other fish. Would a 2000 gallon tank be too big for him? Is it Bad if a fish has too much space? FYI, with him i might put some other...
  11. A

Arowana Aquarium size question

So. I recently got into arowanas. And i started researching aquarium sized. However i live in an area without alot of aquarium activity, Like Theres some 50 ish gallons, But no big ones But anyways, My question is. Could an arowana fit in a 185gal tank? (You post sizes since i might just build...
  12. P

More Black Piranha Questions

Hello, I once again have more questions. I was wondering why black piranhas get bumps on their chins and why these bumps sometimes turn white. I was also wondering if you guys think I'd be happier with a black piranha in the long run. I have never owned any pygos or serras, so I do not know...
  13. P

Black piranha potential size

Hello, I am here because I have a question. I was wondering how big black piranhas get when raised from a juvenile in a tank. Now, I've heard tank raised black piranhas only reach 12 inches, I've also heard people say that they reach 16 inches when tank raised. Also, are black piranhas better...
  14. M

Time to Max Size in Africans (mostly)

Hello! I was curious if anyone could shed some light on the following... Typical time to reach max size for blue dolphin cichlid? Typical time to reach max size for yellow lab? Typical time to reach full size for red top zebra? Typical time to reach full size for red empress? Typical time...
  15. Ansorgii

Is this pond big enough ?

Hello, I have a pond wich is on average 1,5m deep and has an approximate surface of 3000-4000m^2. It has a very high population of crayfish, shellfish, insects, larvae, frogs, perches, carps and many other nonpredatory fish from two to 30cm in length. I am thinking of adding a small school of...
  16. R

proper size of pvc pipe for tapajos II?

Hi folks, Im noob here and have a question for my tapajos II aka cobra pike. he's around 9" and whats the proper size of pipes for him?
  17. P

Bichir and Datnoid sizing question

Hi guys, I'm just about to finalise the delivery of the new tank inhabitants, on way are: 1 x Delhezi @ 4: 1 x Endlicheri @ 4" 1 x 4 bar Indo Dat @ 4" 3 x Tinfoils at unknown size as of yet And 1 x Hepsetus Odoe as soon as I can source one locally. My question is, although the Bichir and...
  18. jvc66

Midwest Custom Aquarium Pricing

Hi guys and gals, I posted last week in regards to where to find a stand for a 125 gallon aquarium which would be an upgrade from my 90 since I am moving and was initially going to just go for a glass tank. After a little bit of thought this weekend, I am really leaning toward the acrylic for...
  19. T

Better tank size?

Buying a tank tomorrow, need help. Better buy? 6 x 2 x 2 (all in feet) 6 (length) x 2 (width) x 2.5 (height)
  20. viper0397

Potamotrygon Reticulata

Just curious as to who has seen the largest retic and how large was it. My biggest girl right now is almost 12" in diameter. She is almost 4 years old, and still has occasional growth spurts.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store