kelberi

1. 4

A few of my Peacock Bass

Sorry for the blurry pics, but damn, these guys move! All are between 7-9 inches and doing well. I have a few more young ones I recently acquired in a grow out tank. I'll share those after they are settled in and eating regularly. Kelberi Orino Blackberry (Purchased from Predatory Fins and...
  2. R

Grow Outs

Hello... Newish to MFK. Recently got back into fish keeping. Been out for about ten years with my previous experience being South and Central American cichlids. Now getting into the bigger fellas (Cichla) but also have a few others with them. Tank is fully cycled reading 0ppm Ammonia 0ppm...
  3. S

Holes/Blemishes On Kelberi Gill Plates

Hi there. I have a 17" Kelberi in a 1000g aquarium. I've been away at university for the past month-ish and left the tank in the care of my parents. I've told them what to do while I'm gone and been talking to them about how to do maintenance on this tank. Long story short I come home to a...
  4. C

For Sale  Arowana and 2 Kelberi Bass

24 inch silver arowana -24 inches 2 kelberi bass - 12 inches Reducing stock Pellet trained. Will eat anything you feed them.
  5. LBDave

PBass Action

6. S

Anyone Ever Seen This Before?

I picked this 6 inch Kelberi up at my LFS and it has no patterns! Has anyone ever seen a peacock bass like this before? It’s currently acclimating in my 250g right now.
  7. AquaScape

New stock! 01/20/20

Motoro Stingray (Potamotrygon motoro) 4”-5” $200.oo Ea. Hybrid Stingray (Potamotrygon sp.) 4”-5” $225.oo -$450.oo Ea. Silver Arowana (Osteoglossum bicirrhosum) 3”-4” $50.oo Ea. Albino Silver Arowana (Osteoglossum bichirrhosum) 4”-5” $225.oo Ea. Marbled Pike (Crenicichla marmorata) 3”-4” $85.oo...
  8. Blakewater

Update Of My Growouts And Their Soon-To-Be 550G Upgrade

Just sharing an update of my stock. Currently all between 5”-9”. Amazing how good water quality and high level foods are bringing out their colors. They’re super active and loving life but it’s time for them to get even more room and I don’t like waiting to upgrade so I just purchased a...
  9. a_dilshan

My Kelberi and Orino

Sharing my Cichlas Large Kelberi around 11” Smaller kelberi around 7” orinos around 8” Follow me on instagram Dilshan_mfk Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/AxD99
  10. Bassjedi

Another 650g update

Here are a few pics I took of my 650g. My bass now range from 7-13". No casualties in the tank other than the Arowana that was attacked and fatally wounded by the largest bass. I'm pretty sure he was trying to eat it despite it being longer than him. That was a real bummer. Anyway, enjoy...
  11. V

For Sale  Below water group order

Hoping to order a group of 8 wild caught cichla kelberi. Im only looking to keep 6 of them. If anyone in the GTA is interested in the other 2 please let me know. Shipping is $75 for entire box and will be divided according to number of fish. Let me know if you are interested. Hoping to bring...
  12. LBDave

Luther Photo Op

Took a little time off work. Cleaned the tank. Grabbed the camera. Photos taken with a zoom. Swear he knows I am taking his picture. Is this a dog or a fish? GOOD BOY LUTHER
  13. LBDave

PBass Says Hello

For all those MFK peacock bass lovers my Kelberi "Luther" wanted to say hello!
  14. gotin20

Peacock bass for sale Bronx New York 100$

Local pick up 100$ each
  15. H

Help me out with my kelberi pcbass

I have two bass that are around 7" now and all there eatting is blood worms still and here and there if I mix beef heart or fish eggs with the worms they will accidentally eat them. But I really would like to get them two eat krill so i can but them in my 240g with a 16" arowana. And two...
  16. TheWolfman

The Official Wolfmans tank thread

Hey guys I figured I’d finally just start my own build thread, and share my photos with my fellow Cichla freaks! Some shots with my Canon...
  17. dwsdarius

Hey everyone, round 2 for mystery Cichla ID

Hey everyone, a couple of months ago I posted picks of my 2 cichla and no one could give me a direct ID so here's my second shot now that they are bigger. Sold to me as cichla Kelberi (definitely not kelberi) from Petzone Tropicals...last time some suggested its either temensis or piquiti...I...
  18. M

Cichla Kelberi have been moved

Hi all Long time reader first time poster. Thought it was about time I showed off my Kelberi. Recently relocated so a small amount of damage and colours are still improving by the day but I'll start with these pics and update as they improve...not bad now to be fair...
  19. dwsdarius

Cichla ID Needed

Hello, I bought two peacock bass a few months ago from petzone tropical online labeled as cichla kelberi. I can definitely say that they are not kelberi, they look like temensis...but not completely like temensis, I'm seeing more gold in these then that which I have seen on temensis. I think...
  20. S

Kelberi in 20 long for life

hey everyone what would you say if I told you that a kelberi got stunted and was living in a 20 gallon long for life?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store