blood parrot

1. W

Larger schooling fish to go in my tank cichlid tank. And do i add more cichlids ??

I have a 57 gallon tank currently with: 1 Adult Angel. 2 BN plecos. I will be adding: 1 Electric blue acara. 2 kribensis. And some kind of schooling fish. What is a good schooling fish that can live with these fish. I really like rummy nose tetras but they will be a snack for the...
  2. C

Want to Buy  Looking to buy Larger Yellow Mammon or King Kong Parrot Fish!!

Looking to buy a larger yellow Mammon or King Kong parrot please let me know if you or anyone you know has one for sale!!
  3. C

Want to Buy  Looking to buy larger yellow Mammon Parrot or yellow King Kong Parrot

Looking to buy a larger yellow Mammon or King Kong parrot please let me know if you or anyone you know has one for sale!! 😀
  4. midasman714

For Sale  Midas X Blood Parrot Fry

Wish I had time to grow these out. Approx. 0.5-1" $10 Each, min 5 (92708 Pickup only) Note: I cannot hand pick for you as these guys are quick. Parents: Fry:
  5. J

Help Identify this fish

Sold as a Purple Parrot but I think it is a Flowerhorn Parrot Cross. Very interactive, fun personality but more aggressive than my blood parrots.
  6. Unit-3

Blood Parrot Breeding Age

I have a male flowerhorn (3”) and two female blood parrots (2.5” and 3”) in a tank with some other fish. I believe the male’s old enough to spawn because his papilla are a lot more visible than when I bought him last year, and his nuchal hump looks fairly well developed (at least for what he...
  7. M

200 gallon stocking

Hello, I'm almost finished plumbing my 200 gallon to its 75 gallon sump. Sump will have 2 7" sock filters, sponges in the baffles, and 1/4 to 1/3 of the sump will hold bio balls. I'll have an fx6 on the 200g as well. For stocking I'm definitely going with 2 oscars. For tankmates I was...
  8. JustinJay1996

Blood parrot tank mates

I haven’t been on in awhile due to phone not being active and not affording internet but I’m back! I bought my girlfriend 3 blood parrots for our 75 gallon. It has a geophagus pearl cichlid and a geophagus balzani. The geophagus pearl cichlid looks like it’s not doing to well and is in...
  9. J

Blood Parrot.

I have a 12” male BP, someone has now spiked my interest on what he may be a cross of. He suggest a Synspilum x Midas. Does anyone have an idea? I currently have a female who has laid (not the first time either of my 2 females have laid eggs) and it’s now day 4 of them not molding or turning...
  10. HenryC

Agressive severum and blood parrot, tips please!

Does anyone have experience with severums and blood parrots? I read that they're mostly peaceful, but I got one severum that always chases/bullies around a smaller one, and he fights with the blood parrot, to the point of locking jaws. I wonder what I can do to reduce aggression, or if I should...
  11. AlphaTintu

BP blood parrot fish (Mango) coloration!

Hi All, Mango, the Baby BP is enjoying his new 37 gallons alone. I see sometime he looks pale in color, but in night he looks brighter, specially after fed, during play, but looks pale when resting... I know it's because when fish is aggressive, they tend to show much brighter colors.. My...
  12. Cichlids keeper

Fertile Male blood parrot YouTube

On YouTube there is this YouTuber called Ghettofish360 and they have a male Blood Parrot that is fertile and has produced fry. Just posting this here in case anyone wanted to check it out.
  13. Cichlids keeper

What is a Yuan Bao Blood Parrot?

What is a Yuan Bao Blood parrot, and does anyone have pictures of one?
  14. Cichlids keeper

How to pair up blood parrots?

Does anyone know a good way to pair up multiple blood parrots in the same tank. After they pair up I plan on putting the pairs in different tanks.
  15. Jacob._.merc

Eye biter or other suggestions

Hi I am in need of some help. I have an aggressive blood parrot, 7 in female. She won't stop harassing a red peacock cichlid I have. There is a 5 inch black convict in the tank, yes I know about the pH differences and it's a bad idea and stuff but they do completely fine together. The blood...
  16. J

Blood parrots, will they stop fighting?

I've got a 120 gallon. I have a bichir who's the absolute must in the tank. I had a severum and a blood parrot and three tinfoil barbs. The severum kept wanting to swim with the blood parrot, but the blood parrot didn't really seem interested. At the fish store they didn't have severums, plus I...
  17. Nano Vanisher

Red Texas F1 Fry

In pursuit of the best possible hybrids we have F1 red Texas from Jewels my Carpintis and Cheesepuff my Blood parrot. so far we are grabbing a few to hold for the F2 stage some short body and regular. We have a lot of fry available they are healthy and growing fast. Had one report that one...
  18. sbloxy123

New to Central & South American Cichlids

Hi there, I currently keep African Cichlids but now looking to get into American/South American Cichlids.. the large ones! My tank is 63 US Gallons - Dimensions: 47.6" x 16.1" x 21.7" Water parameters: PH = 8.2 , GH = 21 After doing loads of research, I was looking to get a Green Terror, 1 or...
  19. G

My flowerhorn won't eat pellets

Recently got a baby flowerhorn and he won't eat Pellets only feeder fish and bloodworms how do I get him to eat the pellets?
  20. Jacob._.merc

Eggs?

I think I may have found some eggs in my 40 gallon tank. But the only pairs I have in the tank are bichirs and blood parrots. They look like little white clusters on the glass. There are three clusters. Could the be eggs or something else?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store