african cichlid

1. F

Selling Melanochromis Auratus Cichlid

I’m in New York City ,Manhattan call/text me 24/7 @ 504-513-9619 I am selling .5 to 2 inch juveniles for $5 I have adults @$15 each pictures attached
  2. MetalRavioli

Fish at LFS!

Thought you guys would appreciate some pictures I took at my LFS! There’s a Weeksii Bichir, a little axolotl with a worm in his mouth, some African cichlids, a BGK, and this eel who buried his head in some gravel with I thought was peak comedy
  3. C

For Sale  7 Stripe Kigoma Frontosa

(6) fish available 1 1/2 to 2 inches. 7 bar Kigoma Frontosa. You can text me at (804)554-6995 for pictures or videos. Thanks
  4. M

For Sale  Fish for sale and tanks - local pickup Central NJ

Hi I have these tanks and fish available. Will entertain offers via PM. I live in West Long Branch, NJ. Aulonocara Lwanda Red Top Breeding Pair Mchenga cf. Conophoros breeding quad Copadichromis Geertsi Gome adult female Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus 8" Male Otopharynx Lithobates...
  5. spencer0t

Mbuna eating lily?

Will mbunas in a pond eat my lily pads?
  6. i Aqua

For Sale  For Sale iAqua Carbon

" About our product:iAqua Carbon supplies a custom-designed range of carbon and a mixture of Lava rocks to maintain the carefully controlled conditions of the aquarium environment. Decomposed organics and even trace levels of residual disinfectants such as chlorine and chloramine. The Superior...
  7. _bsafarijoe

Help With New Cichlid Tank

Five days ago I took my previously unused but full of water and bio medium 55 gallon fish tank and did a whole rehaul on it. I left in the original substrate and bio medium after cleaning out the filter and I set it up for African cichlids, I have not added any fish to it yet but I was wondering...
  8. Rayfishowner

New to African Cichlids

Hey all, I will be getting a group of yellow lab and ob peocock hybrids tomorrow. This will be my first time caring for African Cichids so please let me know if there’s anything particularly different between their care and that of central and South American cichlids. Do I have to worry about...
  9. agent1207

Fry Question Help?!

I currently have 30ish, maybe a little less, African cichlid Venustus fry in a 20 gallon aquarium they have been in the plastic breeder box for 3 days now. I have been having trouble feeding them as they all tend to swim away when I try and feed them, but just recently a few notice that when I...
  10. S

How to Promote Peacock Cichlid Breeding

40 Breeder 83 degrees Sand Substrate with large rocks covering 60% of the tank floor (I move rocks around every water change) 1 male sunshine peacock (4 inches) 3 female aulonocara (3 inches, 3.5 inches, 4 inches) Bi-Weekly water change at around 30-40% (Wednesdays and Sundays, I do colder...
  11. Cichlids keeper

CA/SA paired up with African Cichlids?

Didn't know which section to post this in but I chose this one. Anyway has anyone ever paired up a Central/South American Cichlid with a African Cichlid?
  12. agent1207

NTT Datnoid with African Cichlids? Aquarium Upgrade Help! Pics attached.

I am currently looking into upgrading my aquarium set up to a much larger system and was wondering if this could/would work. Right now, Aquarium #1 100 Gallon African Cichlids/ Central American 2x yellow lab 4in (known to get aggressive when larger) 1x zebra mbuna 3in (most aggressive in tank...
  13. Jacob._.merc

Fish gender help

greetings again, I have a 6 inch Fossorochromis rostratus and I am having a bit of trouble identifying the gender. It has female coloration right now but I've seen some males with the same coloration. If it could be a male, how long does it take for it to get that bluish color? If it is female...
  14. R

For Sale  African Cichlids, Clown Loaches, Jack Dempsey, Pleco

Hey guys. Looking to unload some fish. Willing to deliver in the NYC area. Please see below. I'll text or email some pictures if interested. ~ 35-40 African Cichlids all ranging from 3-7inches. Includes huge 7 inch male Frontosa. Mainly Mbuna, however there's a nice mix. Take the lot of...
  15. C

For Sale  Blue African Cichlid

Random Cichlid I picked up from somebody moving. I was buying some Central Americans from him but he needed to move a couple Africans as power was getting turned off that day so I thought I’d give the fish a chance. $5 or trade for something Central/South American for community tank. He also...
  16. Jacob._.merc

Cichlid identification

Can anyone identify this cichlid? I know it's an African cichlid, at the store it was labeled under it's scientific name but I of course forgot it. Any ideas? Never seen one like it before.
  17. Jacob._.merc

African cichlid floating

I have a dragon blood African cichlid in a 20g for now. I had to move him from a large terror blood parrot. They used to be housed in a 40 gallon but the blood parrot got mean and chased him around. I didn't see what the problem was, the blood parrot clearly has no way of inflicting damage to...
  18. spencer0t

African cichlid pond

I had a idea to make a African cichlid pond I live in south Florida I have another pond but it isn’t for African cichlids if I add a lot of rock to the African cichlid pond will it work any suggestions or help is appreciated
  19. Zack333

Taiwan reef hap sexing

Messed up on title suppose to say hap not happy oops I usually just wait until I find the fish with eggs in her mouth or becomes fully colored up to tell if the peacocks/haps are male or female, but my Taiwan reef seems to really want to stretch out the time for one of these to happen. So my...
  20. vinnie coyle

Introducing Flowerhorn to new Aquarium

Hi All, Need a quick bit of advice. Do any one recommend adding salt to an aquarium while introducing a flowerhorn to his/her new home. I currently have around 600 ppt of Salt in my 68 Gallon tank, which was previously a African Cichlid Tank. I had an issue with an overly aggressive Kenyi...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store