feeding

1. J

feeding?

hi so i just got some new fish i’ve owned all of these same types in the past but never as baby’s so im not quite sure what to start feeding them, how much how often etc… i have 2 atlantic and 2 indo tarpon, 3 arowana, 3 arapima, 2 barramundi, 2 giant carp, and 5 pacu would i need to feed them...
  2. J

need help getting baby arapiama to eat

i just recently got two baby arapiama’s about 6 days ago ones about 2.5-3 inches other is around 4 and i haven’t been able to get either to eat they’re in a 50 gallon long with two bichirs i’ve tried cut shrimp, cut tilapia, ghost shrimp, guppy fry, blood worms, larva, pellets, and krill they’ll...
  3. C

SH feeding pattern question

Looking about SH often feed, I read most feeds every 2/3 days a week. even the seller who sell snakehead who I buy from also instructs feed 3x/week. is there a reason why comparing to other fish that feed everyday? bichir, gar, and other fishes. I spot that if juvenile, daily. if adult(above...
  4. Poseidon2.0

Force feeding or live feeding a starving cichlid?

My wife’s Flowerhorn (2 years old and 8” long) got ich about three weeks ago and while we cured her of that with a strong salt treatment (3 lbs per 100 gals per Duane’s suggestion from an old post) she has stopped eating altogether. She probably hasn’t eaten in about three weeks or more. We...
  5. B

Feeding haddock??

I have a huge box of fresh frozen haddock from a fish fry, wondering if it’s any good to feed my aros and other predators?
  6. P

My 1 year old Alligator Gar does not want to eat

I've had my gator gar for about 1 year already. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed it would spit out everything I gave it. I figured it might just be full. I've been trying to feed it every few days to see if it would start eating again, but the behavior has not changed. It's been almost two weeks...
  7. ChrissFishes01

Feeding my Green Spotted Puffer an Earthworm

I wouldn't usually consider this fish a monster by any means, but the way he wrecked this earthworm makes me think he may have the monster fish spirit, lol. I occasionally feed my larger puffers Red Wrigglers (earthworms), and decided I'd film it today. I had my tripod all set up, and was...
  8. H

Cichlids & Bass hitting food top water in 3000 gallon aquarium

Just a fun video of my South American Cichlids and Peacock Bass hitting their food top water in their 3000 gallon planted aquarium.
  9. A

Not Eating Food

Today is my Aro's third day. I gave him small pieces of prawns. He took it in his mouth and threw it outside. I tried giving him Hikari pellets too but he did the same then as the prawns. How much time will it take him to eat the food?
  10. E

New Life Spectrum (NLS) pellets for bichir

I’m planning to switch to New Life Spectrum Thera A to feed several of my 5-6” upper jaw bichirs. Right now I’m feeding them Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets and the pellet size is just perfect for them. Since I’m planning to purchase online, and didn’t want to make the mistake of getting a...
  11. J

Jardini Arowana Growth Rate

Can anyone tell me how fast a Jardini is supposed to grow? Does it grow slower than the Asians? I know it grows slower than the silver. I want to make sure that I am providing it with enough food to ensure proper growth.
  12. A

Feeding live BSFL to Red Belly Piranha?

Hey guys, I have been pondering. we started a home compost for vegetable waste at home, all natural, no chemicals. I have observed that it attracts a lot of soldier flies. And when in season, the eggs hatch and there are hundreds of larvae that explore outside the compost dump too. Would it be...
  13. Kingdoffishcraft

Feeding crustaceans to fish

I live in southeast asia and multiple species of small crabs are available. I was wondering if I could feed them to my monster fish. RTC, nile perch, gar, arowana, arapaima, fresh water stingray rays. I know that crayfish are nile pearches staple diet so I wanted to supplement them with c
  14. N

Golden Wonder Killifish Food??

Hello, I am deciding between a golden wonder killifish or a rainbow cichlid for my tank, so far I might get a golden wonder due to the personality, color, and the fun of feeding it, however, I want to know what the best foods are to feed these fish, right now I have tetra mix flakes and blood...
  15. Vertigon_z

New Jardini Arowana foods

Good Afternoon All, I recently obtained a Jardini Arowana. He/She is currently 7in-8in and I had some difficulty feeding it pellets (Hikari Floating Pellets and Hikari Massivore). The Jardini will take them then chew it up then spit it out. THen will go back and chew it and spit it up again...
  16. N

Diet -mixed tank??

Not sure if this is the right place for questions on diet/feeding while sick but I’m worried about the health of our fish, one of whom is now SICK w/Ich and Im reinspired to fight again for them. I really want to make sure he’s (and all of them) are getting the best care and we’ve had an...
  17. R

Shy cichlids not coming out! Ideas to solve this?

Hey, I have a bit of a problem in my 60 gallon cichlid tank, in this tank I keep a jack dempsey, a red Texas(it’s basically a hybrid between a parrot and a green Texas) and just for the fun of it I keep a rainbow shark as well. My problem is that all these fish seem to be pretty scared of me...
  18. N

Rainbow shark growth rate?

Hi, I have been wondering. Is rainbow shark a fast growing fish or it isn't? Currently I own one in my 29 gal. He is the only resident there beside one leopard bush fish. I think I bought it like 1,3 or 1,2 years ago. Back then it was 5-ish or 6-ish cm long. And now it is still 8 or almost 9 cm...
  19. N

Pleco feeder?

We bought the large from the pleco feeder site for the 35g but it doesn’t work on our 120g so I need ideas http://www.theplecofeeder.com/buy.html The top of our tank has a cutout (pic) which would require this to bend-which we can do but it’s still much too short and doesn’t really get into the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store