biotope

1. GottaCatchEmAll

Paretroplus Nourisatti Advice

I just recently purchased a group of 6 juvenile paretroplus nourissati from my lfs. They were sold as pairs, so I believe I have 3 males and 3 females between 3 and 4 inches long. They are in a 125 gallon tank with a sand substrate, some driftwood, and a large clump of java moss. I use an...
  2. E

180 gallon South American theme

Hi everyone, I have a 180 South American planted tank that I’m struggling to stock, it is a grow out so keep in mind the final tank is going to be much larger. I’m looking for a schooling fish that will stay towards the top 1/3 of the tank. My issue is every “top dweller” sees my Geophagus and...
  3. E

210 Gallon Congo River Basin Biotope Stocking Questions

Im purchasing a 210g here soon and I am going to be stocking with natives of the congo and I wouldn't mind some input from the community and people who have kept the species we will be discussing. So far I have a Ornate Bichir(Polypterus ornatipinnis), and a Senegal Bichir(Polypterus senegalus)...
  4. -603FiShHoBbIeSt-

Shrimp only tank

Going to be doing a cherry shrimp only planted biotope style setup with one of my 10 gallon tanks I have laying around. Advice on good low tech plants ? want to have it heavily planted. Also if anyone has good filtration ideas for this style setup let me know I have a plan but open to other...
  5. Lilyann

2017 Biotope Aquarium Design Contest Catalogue (Photo Heavy)

Yesterday I got my first delivery of a package from Russia. It was exciting! :) The 2017 Biotope Aquarium Design Contest Catalogue. I took some pictures, but there are 50 Biotope pictures and the first 9 have very thorough descriptions of the builds. Here are some of firts pages and random...
  6. cockroach

Central Taiwan Biotope Creation Log and Journal

I decided before my move that my fishroom would go in a new direction. Something I find interesting and want to learn/research/experiment a lot more with. I used to keep large fish, then played with big tanks as complete systems. With small fish and different microcosms within the tank but it...
  7. Deadliestviper7

Post your biotope sand natural aquariums

post em, past or present lads and lasses!
  8. GiantFishKeeper101

My Cat Tank

8x4x3/480g tank. Not a monster tank but the largest fish are 21", so he will be swimming comfortably. Love the natural look. Going for biotope but the fish aren't exactly from the same river, aren't from the same country even. Got Thailand, Brazil, China & Africa.
  9. Deadliestviper7

Biotope s and natural tanks

so who's got them?
  10. S

I Need Help With Stocking My West African River Tank!

Here is what I'm curently thinking of doing, I need to know if this will work or not My tank is 50 Gallon and will be heavily planted. 1 Jewel Cichlid (unsure of exact species) 2 or 3 African Butterfly fish and 1 Lionhead/Blockhead/Buffalo head Cichlid Will this work for the tank I have...
  11. cockroach

Kribensis Stream Habitat Tank

Thought I would make a thread as I haven't in ages. This is my 75gal tank that was scaped to replicate a slow stream in the jungle. It is centred around the kribensis as I wanted a group of them as the focal point. In the back left corner is a waterfall made from corrugated plastic board and...
  12. neko1

channa biotope

Hello I got a 1,20meter tank thats almost empty. I want to make it a special tank with a couple channa andrao. I would like to make a biotope but I can't find anything about the brahmaputra river. Does anyone has some information for me?
  13. Capt_Rick_Dixie

Repaired a cracked 150 *PIC HEAVY*

Hey guys! Just to give you fair warning this post is going to be a bit pic heavy but I'll try to keep the amount of reading to a minimum for ya :D A couple of months ago I found a cracked 150 gallon tank on Craigslist for a steal. I was already planning on building a plywood tank so I...
  14. A

Nicaragua/Costa Rica Biotope Stocking Questions

Hello! I'm just getting back into the hobby after being down to one single fish for the past 7 years or so and I'm setting up a 75 gallon tank. I have settled on doing a biotope aquarium of either Nicaragua or Costa Rican fishes (most of the fish I'm considering exist in both countries. I...
  15. TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Festivum breeding after a DAY in my tank?!?

So yesterday I decided to create a SA community and brought the following X10 black widow tetras X5 Brazilian festivums X2 apistogramma wilhemi Immediately after adding the largest festivum (just under 4 inches) and a 3inch festivum paired off and became aggressive protecting a corner of the...
  16. TheMoneyTank(TMT)

45 gallon hillstream biotope

Setting up a fast flow 200litre aquarium with a 2200Lph internal filter and stocked with the following X5 panda loaches X5 reticulated hillstream loaches X5 zebra Danios X5 pearl Danios X5 Leopard Danios X5 white cloud mountain minnows X3 sumo loach Any other fast flowing fish I could add...
  17. C

Best Filtration for an Amazon Oxbow Tank

Hello there, I am currently in the process of setting up an amazon oxbow lake biotope aquarium for our highschool science room. I am relatively inexperienced in regards to filtration, so I was wondering what the best type of filter would be for this type of aquarium. It needs to be have minimal...
  18. A

Severum Biotope?

Stocking my 180g is right around the corner and I'm wondering if these stocking examples will suffice or if I have to take out fish/ or if I can add more. The first ex is a community biotope and the second I have as an option just because I like wet pet behavior out of fish and Jaguars are known...
  19. Hendre

African Biotope tank - general help needed (plants, filter and fish)

Good afternoon ladies and gents of MFK In a month I will be setting up my first large tank (250L 4ft long) and need a few tidbits of help.:confused: I plan on building my tank around a few small, flat stones and medium pieces of driftwood at the back to leave plenty of swim space and rear...
  20. Hendre

African Biotope tank - general help needed (plants, filter and fish)

Good afternoon ladies and gents of MFK In a month I will be setting up my first large tank (250L 4ft long) and need a few tidbits of help.:confused: I plan on building my tank around a few small, flat stones and medium pieces of driftwood at the back to leave plenty of swim space and rear...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store