florida

1. A

Question about alligator gar

Is anyone aware of the laws concerning captive bred alligator gar and being kept as pets in Florida or what kinds of licenses I need I have been working with fish for ten years now and monster fish for 7 I’m looking for one to put in a 15000 gal pond with some oscars ,one red tail and a paddle fish
  2. T

For Sale  Ornate Bichir for sale. 16" long.

Hello, I have an ornate bichir that I'm selling. I had him since he was 4" long, now he is at least 14"-16" long. I'm in the Tampa Bay area. Going for $150. Thanks.
  3. A

Want to Buy  WTB MBU Puffers

Hi Everyone, On the hunt to find a MBU puffer. I am located in Miami, Florida but willing to pay for shipping. Please let me know if anyone has one they’re willing to sell. All the best, -AG
  4. Jush

Different Gar?

Hi, I own 3 florida, 3 spotted & 1 alligator gar. However I have come across a melanistic tropical gar, what is a tropical gar, max size; etc? From a quick google search the tropical gar looks like a cuban gar with an alligator gar mouth/ headshape? But presuming theyre all their own kind? I...
  5. Joe2433

Alligator got my frog while fishing in FL

On two differ occasions I had a small gator grab my fake frog...so I brought them in for a quick photo
  6. Narwhal

Collecting Wild Saltwater fish on Vacation

Collecting wild fish laws are so variant, in my state, you can't even transport live native fish, but I am landlocked. I know California requires a collection license. But what about other states, in particular Florida. From the laws it looks like you can collect aquarium fish with a fishing...
  7. PatrickMW36

Info on LFS around Tampa FL/Bradenton FL

I have family about 40 minutes south of Tampa that I'm going to be visiting. Wanted to check out some good shops. Does anyone have any recommendations?
  8. vitaly

Checkered Puffer fish ( Sphoeroides testudineus) at Ann Kolb Center

For all you puffer fish lover. I filmed these guys at the local nature center
  9. OK PLAY3R

Natives?

I recently returned two Severums to my LFS because I rushed my tanks cycling...silly me. So I have an empty 75 gallon tank ready for fish in a two or three weeks, and natives crossed my mind. I live in South West Florida and was wondering about catching natives for my tank. Any advice or...
  10. vitaly

My Florida Killiefish collecting trip

Got a few native florida killifish. if anyone knows exact species name, let me know. they are in my tank now along with some florida gobies. http://coolgobyfish.blogspot.com/2015/12/florida-killifish.html
  11. Lukanani guy

Wild Pacu Feeding Time s.Florida

Footage from October, this lake a fellow fisherman told me about. they're used to being fed every afternoon. love the pacu!
  12. Lukanani guy

Freshwater Fishing El Niño ( Rain Fishing )

Hey guys it's me! Went fishing Dec 5th during major flooding here in s. Fl. Busted out with the hands-free Umbrella and hit the golf course,1 Bass 4 peacock bass seen some carp too and one actually came up and hit the lure..I'm using 1 3/4" Rebel minnow in gold which i modified by removing the...
  13. T

Thoughts on my 10 gal south florida native tank idea?

So, I live in south Florida where I wouldn't consider posting this to a coldwater tank, but I am trying to specialize with natives, so, here I go! Around my area is a beautiful little pond that was made from fill. South Florida has a lot of these fill ponds where the HOAs have dug...
  14. landmineyouth

Want to Buy | Medium to Large Silver Arowana | $150 | North Miami | Pickup and Able to Ship

What type of listing is this?: Want to Buy What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?: Medium to Large Silver Arowana What are your prices?: 150 Where are you located?: North Miami Pickup or Able to Ship?: Pickup and Able to Ship Description: Looking for size between 12"-18". Shipping method: Other...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store