reseal

1. D

“New” 125 gallon

Got a deal on a 125 gallon tank from FB market place... $50 with stand. Mind you it’s an odd shape 125, 6’ w, 1.5’ deep, and 22” tall. The prior owner had limped this tank along with copious amounts of additional silicone so the clean up will be daunting. Are folks still using GE-1 black...
  2. Zak03

Resealing a tank

hey guys, so I have to reseal a couple tanks. And I read many times that you have to let the silicone sit for 2 days before adding water. But, the silicone I bought, Aquascape clear silicone, says, “allow silicone to dry for 30 minutes before allowing contact with water”. I’m just interested, do...
  3. Haasume

Aquarium reseal? or Complete tear down?

How do you if an aquarium need "simply" a full reseal or it needs to be completely disassembled ( glass apart ) and re siliconed completely? I am buying a 220 gallon off craigslist which is roughly and hour away. The sellers have been upfront and said it had a leak which is why I am...
  4. B

Advice on the best way to remove the bottom trim for a 130 G tank rebuild.

I purchased this tank off CL. I have decided this tank needs a complete rebuild due to stubborn hard water stain, scratches and the need to reseal. So I plan to tank the tank complete apart to clean and address the scratches. 1. Any advice on how to take the bottom trim off without ruining...
  5. W

New-to-me tank. Reseal?

Take a look at the video to let me know if you think this tank needs to be resealed. I got it off craigslist for $30. Picture in the post says it holds water. These seals look pretty ugly, though. Kinda looks like someone just globbed a bunch of silicone everywhere. What do you guys think...
  6. T

180G refurbishment

Hello guys I recently purchased a used 180g cadlights (72 x 24x 24) i plan to reseal the inside since some silicone appears to be damaged by most likely a razor blade style glass cleaner. I also notice the top glass brace is cut to fit the overflow box which i found odd and i would think would...
  7. R

Freshly sealed 265 gallon

Ok just sealed my 265 and day by day i have added water and it is now full. I am planning on waiting a few days before i drain it (a few times) so that all toxins are gone. So now my question is if cycling it in my way will be good enough or should i do this dropping ammonia in it and watching...
  8. F

replacing a broken aquarium frame

I'm working on re-sealing a 75 gallon and the frame cracked in the process. I found a website that has a good price but I am concerned about a statement in their FAQ section. They said that a well constructed tank doesn't need frame for support but it is more for Aesthetics. That is the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store