lungfish

1. zdolla3

What type of lungfish is this?

saw this guy at my local store… trying to ID the type of lungfish as the store jsur labeled it “African” and they said they didn’t have any documentation of the type in the computers. I tried my best to get a pic… can this be ID by Anhome? gilled African? West African? They said he’s at least 6...
  2. TheFishDealer

Albino African Lungfish with black eyes?

Recently got this guy into my store from Fugupuff, I was curious if anyone would know what to call this morph?
  3. T

26" Golden Fire Eel with anchor worms

I have a 26" golden fire eel that came into our store that has anchor worms and I am the one treating it. The tank is connected through the drain to 3 other tanks (plans to change that) I know spiny eels are sensitive to some medications but on this system is also a 20" golden albino african...
  4. The Masked Shadow

Meet Methuselah - The oldest Aquarium fish (Australian Lungfish)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/meet-methuselah-90-year-old-aquarium-fish-thought-worlds-oldest-rcna13573
  5. S

For Sale  Polypterus and Lungfish

I have two of each of these that I have been growing out for my main tank, but decided to add only one of each, so I will sell the smaller ones. Polypterus Teugelsi (CB), 5.5" - $80. got this one at 1.5" in late June. growing like a weed. Lepidosiren paradoxa (WC), south american lungfish, 6"...
  6. weston

Marbled lungfish growth!

I have a marbled lungfish I got 4-5 years ago. he seems to be doing fine but he’s growing super slow he’s probably put on a foot since I got him! he’s only about 32-34 inches now I have no idea how old he is!! I got him when he was around 20-22 inches. Does anyone else keep these guys or have...
  7. Rayfishowner

Lungfish Out Of Water

Hey all, been thinking of keeping lungfish in the future and have read that some species in Africa can live 3-5 years out of water. This seems absolutely insane to me and out of curiosity have been wondering if anyone had any experiences or heard of lungfish living in low oxygenated areas or...
  8. O

For Sale  1' 1/2" Spotted african lungfish

Huge African Lungfish up for trade but will sell for decent offer! Looking for a Silver arowana or Pleco's that are at least 10+". Located in Vista ca. Message me with phone #
  9. S

For Sale  Albino African Lungfish

Protopterus aethiopicus, I believe. Approx 20" long right now. Eats massivore, algea wafers, earthworms, and the occasional koi. I have not taught it to hand feed. At this point, it has never attacked a tankmate that wont fit in its mouth.
  10. W

Protopterus Annectes

A
  11. F

For Sale  Lungfish for Adoption - Elmhurst Illinois, USA

Howdy peeps, New here, just trying to find a new home for my SAL (South American Lungfish.) She (i think it's a she) is a healthy fish just over a foot long, and about 6 years old. It's kind of heartbreaking for me to put her up for adoption, I've liked the species since I was a little kid...
  12. Jush

Want to Buy  Looking for Predatory Fish!

[PLEASE IGNORE THE REGION & STATE BECAUSE I'M BASED IN THE UK! PLEASE REFER TO "LOCATION"!] [ALSO PRICE BECAUSE DEPENDING ON WHAT THE FISH IS DETERMINES THE PRICE!] Looking for a whole host of new fish for my new upcoming system! Please get in contact with me if you have any of the following up...
  13. mr cichlid

Predatory fish up to 2.5 feet

one-stop-shop for large established predatory tank. All you need is a big aquarium or Pond, LOL. Predator fish up to 2.5 feet in length. Majority of these fish have grown up together. They can be housed with large cichlids and many oddball species. Research what cichlid would be best. -wild...
  14. Drizzt

New Baby SAL

Just arrived yesterday from exoticfishshop.net. Sorry for the bad pic. Bought my black wolf fish from Steve before and shipping was excellent as always.
  15. Deadliestviper7

Yellowspot lungfish?

came across some online for $20 +shipping Don't know anything about them, has anyone here kept any? Or know any info?
  16. L

What species of lungfish do I have?

What species do I have?
  17. L

Tank mates for an African lung fish and Florida gar

I was wondering if a red fin wolf fish would be ok as an addition to my tank, my lungfish is roughly 12 inches and the gar is 10 inches, if this is not a great idea is there any other suggestion you guys have for me I would like a fish that eats live minnows or meaty food off the bottom like the...
  18. S

How to avoid a lungfish bite?

Hey y'all. I figure I might have to stick my hands in my lungfish's tank to do maintenance, but I heard wals can be bitey. So I wanted to know, is there any way to avoid getting bit?
  19. S

West african lungfish tank dimensions?

Hey y'all. Today at the petstore I saw an african lungfish that I fell in love with. So I wanted to know, what should a grown african lungfish's tank dimensions be?
  20. S

South American lungfish in 60 gallon tank??

Hey y'all. I almost bought a south american lungfish, but thanks to the people on this site, I decided to go with a gilled instead. I heard before from two websites that sals could live in a 60 gallon tank? Thankfully I know now this isn't true, but why would those websites say that if they...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store