thickness

1. A

Need help with Acrylic thickness / Viewing window

Hello everyone, been a long time viewer of these forums but have never posted until today. To make a very long story short, I need some help. I'm in my pre-planning stages. I'm building a new house that'll be incorporating an indoor pond into the foundation. Inside diameter of the tank...
  2. S

Acrylic Thickness help needed

HI Everyone, Happy New year! I am looking to build my own tank and I want to build 4' (or longer) tank but I am having an hard time understanding the thickness calculators online, right now I am set on the below two configurations. 60" X 24" X 20" (L X W X H ) or 48" X 24" X 20" (L...
  3. J

Lid Thickness For Arowanas?

I will be moving my Jardini from a 6x1.5x2.2 ft aquarium to an 8x3x2 ft aquarium, I'm wondering how thick the glass of the aquarium lid should be in order to prevent it from jumping out. I've looked online but I can't seem to find anything this specific so any help will be appreciated. I'm...
  4. T

Making a 8 feet aquarium

Hi friends, Iam making a 8 feet long and 2 feet wide tank for 16 inch arowana, I have a doubt in glass thickness, should I use a 12 mm or 10 mm thick glass? And normal glass is fine or do I need a toughened glass. And what type of cover I should make, considering I have 1 inlet and 1 outlet from...
  5. X

Determine glass thickness inside the tank?

Plywood based 360 gallon tank. Being particularly selective with which fish to be showcased is just the icing on the cake. What most fascinates me with aquariums is the atmosphere and scenery itself. I've been brainstorming my next tank build and my days of being an OTR semi truck driver I have...
  6. S

Building a large acrylic fish tank

I'm getting cell cast plastic that measures Bottom Base (94x46) front and back (94x11.875),and left and right sides (45.25x11.875) basically i'm look at a 94Lx46Wx12H acrylic aquarium. My questions are: Does the measurements make sense? I'm looking at doing 3/8 inch thickness, would that...
  7. B

please help me with my aquarium design its driving me insane!

Hi everybody! So I am very new at all this and have never really made large aquariums before. But now I am wanting to build an aquarium that is 42 inches wide, 67 inches long and 10 inches high. I calculated that it will hold about 120 gallons of liquid (I am growing a bacteria, its not for...
  8. Vikkram

Need advice for aquarium glass and thickness

Dear Monsterfishkeepers, I am planning to build a concrete aquarium of 8 feet length, 2 feet wide, 4 feet height, around 400 gallon with front and one side viewing panel. Please suggest what material should i use for viewing panel. Normal glass or acrylic? What should be the thickness. Kindly...
  9. Addi_13

Glass Thickness for New Aquarium.

Hello Guys, I have a 16" Silver Arowana, Shortbody Flowerhorn, 2 Oscars, 4 Blood Parrot and few loaches in 150 Gallon tank. But as the fishes are growing up, I am planning to upgrade my aquarium to a 300 Gallon setup. The dimensions are 78 L X 30 W X 36 H. I asked my local...
  10. moray eel man

all about glass

What id like to talk about is glass the types and thickness also how its used ... i understand why the bottom panel is much thicker then the front and sides but i have read that the sides must be thicker then the front also that it doesnt matter the highth of the tank ... also im wondering how...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store