red tail catfish

1. N

For Sale  Red tail catfish approx 10"

I have a red tail catfish that unfortunately was purchased by an inexperienced hobbyist. The fish is about 10" and I want to sell it to someone who has a pond or large aquarium that can allow this fish to thrive. It is healthy and price is negotiable. Photo upon request
  2. S

FREE  Pacu, RTC, RTCxTSN Rehoming

Have a pacu, red tail catfish, rtc x tsn hybrid that need rehoming. They are all free just need to make sure that they go to a good home. Both catfish are around 6-8 inches and the pacu is approximately 10 inches. Local pickup only
  3. S

Hybrid Red Tail? Does anybody know? Pics attached

This guy was labeled as a Red Tailed Cat, but he has some features that I discovered were different from Red Tails. He has spots running down the side of him, as well as on his dorsal fin. Dorsal fin looks much different in shape as well. His colors are also duller than a typical red tail. He is...
  4. Paradox2296

For Sale  15 inch RTC×TSN

I have 2 RTC×TSN for sale 100$ a piece they are about 14 to 15 inches long. Txt me @ 3132214386
  5. S

Short Body RTC size?

Hey everyone, I absolutely love RTCs, but definitely cannot properly house one for life so will not be getting one. However, I know short body variations are a thing, and have done some digging but can't really seem to find much about their average size in aquaria. I've seen some people saying...
  6. Blakewater

What The Heck is This Hybrid?

Saw these online. The thing that blew me away was the second dorsal fin that doesnt match any of the other fins. What do you speculate theyre mixed with aside from an RTC
  7. Candy_Land

Why i support MFK...

If it weren't for this website. I would've gave up a long time ago. MFK has been a very helpful resource when it comes to caring for my fish. I have 4 fishtanks now and each and every fish means everything to me. I love my fishies like you love your cat or dog etc.. So thank you to the creators...
  8. Jush

For Sale  Multiple predatory fish, turtles & fish tank for sale

Selling a decent amount of fish I have bought but either no longer want or don't need due to getting larger types for example. Redtail Catfish - 1-2inch - £28 each - 2 for sale in total - buy 2 for £54 Tiger Shovel nose - 2-3inch - £28 - 1 for sale in total - N/A Male Black Diamond Stingray -...
  9. Candy_Land

Fish behaviors

The funny things my fish do...
  10. L

Stocking for 400 Gallon concrete pond

Hello everyone, I have created a 400 gallon concrete pond (6'X3'X3'). I want to stock some predator fishes. In my LFS there are some spotted gars (18inch & 3-4inch), silver arowana (5-8inch), small RTCs (2-3inch), Oscars (small to large). Besides this I have also raised 2 Oscars from baby to...
  11. Manas

Red tail catfish HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Help! I bought a new RT-Catfish 4 days ago. He's 4 inches and not accepting any pellets or dried shrimps. I tried to put some shrimps near his mouth and he dosen't eat it. But when i get an earthworm he rushed at my hands and snatched it. Area near my house dissent provide live foods. I got...
  12. GiantFishKeeper101

My RTC couldn't stop eating

It's already more than a year since I got my rtcs. Healthy fish, bite my hands a few times, 4 of them. But I've read somewhere (one of the thread in monsterfishkeeper) that these cats will slow down their eating after reach 2'+ and aged more than a year. The problem is that my cats won't stop...
  13. adamjavaguy

Biggest captive arapaima?

14. koizilla714

FTS | 18" Red tail catfish | $50 | 92704 | Pickup

What type of listing is this?: FTS What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?: 18" Red tail catfish What are your prices?: 50 Where are you located?: 92704 Pickup or Able to Ship?: Pickup Description: Healthy 18" RTC outgrowing my tank, so need to let him go. Cash or trade, let me know what you...
  15. M

Guys I am going to get my new rtc later but...

Guys I need help I've been wanting my 22inch RTC to have a friend in my 1050gallon because he's always lonely so I ordered a 19inch in my LFS but I am scared that the bigger one might hurt the smaller one.How do I avoid fighting when I get the smaller RTC
  16. kim91

Feeding small fish on a 130gallon tank

I just bought a 130gallon tank and i have 2 silver dollars 2 red bellied pacu, 1 clown knifefish and a baby RTC, how do i feed them? the tank is so big and every time i come near the tank they all swim away and hide from me. What's wrong with my fishes? please help. Thanks
  17. swomley93

red tail catfish feeding question

Hey, I have a 4 inch red tail cat and I have been feeding blood worms and shrimp, about one frozen cube a day or 2 small pieces of shrimp, should I be feeding more? Or less ? Or what are some of your alls opinions, I'm aware of the size and requirements. Thanks!
  18. swomley93

juvinile Alligator Gar isn't eating alot

Hello all, I have a 3 inch Alligator Gar , and I bought him 2 days ago, and I have seen him eat 2 guppys so far (possibly 3 I can't find the other one so I assume he ate it) the guppys were about 1/4 inch+-. I'm wondering if that's enough or not enough food, and I keep on being paranoid about...
  19. swomley93

juvinile Alligator Gar isn't eating alot

Hello all, I have a 3 inch Alligator Gar , and I bought him 2 days ago, and I have seen him eat 2 guppys so far (possibly 3 I can't find the other one so I assume he ate it) the guppys were about 1/4 inch+-. I'm wondering if that's enough or not enough food, and I keep on being paranoid about...
  20. H

[HELP] RTCxTSN hybrid not doing anything

NEED HELP! Earlier today, i bought an RTCxTSN hybrid ( http://imgur.com/wl2rOzi ) from a LFS near my house. At the LFS, the fish was healthy and very active, together with other RTCxTSN's. After i bought it, i went home and put it in my tank; and the fish just swam down to the tank's corner...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store