ebjd

1. Rainkaj

Oscar EBJD and Raphael

Hello, I’m pretty new to the forum and personal fish keeping in general. My family has always had fish around and I finally decided to set up my own tank. My mom loved raising Oscar’s and said I should get one for my 55g I found on Facebook. After doing the research I found that this is just...
  2. A

For Sale  Electric Blue Jack Dempsey EBJD 3" and 2"

starting to pick on my cardinals 3" $30 2" $25 both for $40 p/u in Diamond bar 91765
  3. C

For Sale  Electric Blue Jack Dempsey (7") and Salvini (4"). Also a bunch of tank stuff (110G), filters and all (separately).

Hi all, My new job requires a lot of travel and makes me very busy, so I need to sell the remaining fish in my 110G tank. They are Electric blue JD and a Salvini. See pictures. Since the rest of the fish have left the tank, these two have been scuffling a bit, you can see scratches on...
  4. Rishab

Frontosa and EBJD tank open top or closed lid

Hi all I was wondering if I can continue to keep an open tank top with a hang on filter for my five frontosa juveniles and electric blue Jack Dempseys
  5. aquaticeye

Want to Buy  Larger EBJD 6+

Looking for a larger sized EBJD in socal. Lemme know thanks team :)
  6. C

3 - 4” to 5.25” Electric Blue Jack Dempsey $40 each - 91752

I’m going a different direction with a tank, so I need to clear out 3 electric blue jack Dempseys. They range in size from about 4” to about 5.25”. I am estimating measurements as I haven’t pulled them out for the exact measurements. They are all healthy with good color. I think they are all...
  7. A

Green Terror tank mate suggestions?

Hello, I am looking for some suggestions for potential GT tank mates, Gold Saum variety. My tank details are as followed: Brand - 55 gallon Ciano Measurements - 40”L x 15.5”W x 24”H Filteration - Fluval 406 External Filter My GT seems to be the odd relaxed one. He’s currently in with...
  8. S

EBJD growth and true max size

I see dozens of posts about EBJD, but it seems quite hard to find any full grown adults. In fact I find it near impossible to find pictures of any much bigger than 4”. This is mine, a little over 5”, around 14 months old. If anyone has any pictures of bigger ones, or can give a good idea of...
  9. YankeeJack

EBJD x Platinum Jack Dempsey Attempt

I'm going to see if I can pair an EBJD with a Platinum. My Platinum JDs are large enough that they could start to breed, so I took Jexnell's EBJD and put it in the tank with my Platinums. Crossing fingers, b/c the platinums are quite a bit smaller than the male EBJD. He's chasing them all...
  10. C

EBJD Value?

i recently purchased an Electic Blue JD from my LFS (I actually work there). I paid roughly $24 for him. My question is, how much will he be worth at full size? He has amazing coloration, excellent fun shape, and I’m 99% sure he’s a male, even at just 1.5”. So what will his value be at say 6”...
  11. C

Sick EBJD, Please Help!

Hey guys! new comer here:) My electric blue jack dempsey is showing symptoms of being sick but I'm not sure what he has. He is living in a 125 gallon aquarium with 1 blood parrot - 3 inches, 3 angelfish 2.5-3 inches, a common pleco 7 inches, 5 zebra danios and 1 otocinclus catfish ( I haven't...
  12. Athletic_Amph

Gunpowder Aquatics

Has anyone ever purchased from gunpowderaquatics.net before? I'm currently looking to start a JD community in the next couple of weeks, specifically with the different color variants - and they have some pinks available -orrrr if you know someone breeding pink, gold, platinum, or eb jacks on...
  13. Brittanirdh

EBJD eye issues, any advise appreciated!

Hi all, My EBJD is developing an issue with one eye. I don't think this is popeye, but please correct me if I'm wrong. His eye has started to get what looks like extra tissue around it. He is not acting abnormal, and it doesn't appear to bother him. Water parameters are good. 0 ammonia, 0 no2...
  14. The Dave

My Incredibly Beautiful Electric Blue Jack Dempsey ( ebjd )

This is the largest fish in my fish room, he is also the meanest fish I have ever owned. He will not tolerate any other creature in his tank. Even snails fall victim to his wrath. So, he lives alone! However, he is incredibly smart and beautiful. When he passes I will probably cry, and he will...
  15. The Dave

Hand feeding My Electric Blue Jack Dempsey ( ebjd )

I thought that it would be fun, though a bit scary, to hand-feed worms to my 8 inch long Electric Blue Jack Dempsey. He is everyone's favorite fish, but he's a bit of a bully. So, he lives in a tank by himself because he eats anything that goes in with him. It's a great video that I am sure you...
  16. Brittanirdh

Breeding an EBJD???

Question: Someone mentioned to me I may have gotten lucky and have a very genetically sound EBJD bc he/she is growing so quickly and its temperament is more aggressive than most EBJD, closer to a regular JD. They also suggested I should try and breed him. I have never on purpose bred anything. I...
  17. M

Ebjd treatment

First off I would like to say hi to the mfk community. Even though I am just now a member this forum has been a primary source of information and inspiration for me. So about 2-3 weeks ago I picked up some ~1 inch ebjd fry. I know that there are a finicky fish but I have had a 4/4 success...
  18. Brittanirdh

Stocking

So I got my 125 gallon. Plan to move my EBJD, 1 angle, 3 Pictus cats, remaining long fin danios, and nerite snails to this tank once I get it up and running. The EBJD are obviously blue, and the angle is blue/silver/black/red/golden depending on its mood, danios are silver/yellow, Pictus silver...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store