silver dollar

1. F

For Sale  Xlg Emperor Wide Bar Silve Dollar 10"

Hi, I need to find a larger home for my Widebar and some tank mates to school with. He's 10 inches and beautiful colors. I also have two small Red Head Tapajos about 3 inches, will include them for free! Asking $80. Accepting reasonable offer if you are serious and pick up soon. Text me for...
  2. Wharf

Face bash injury healing questions

Hello, one of my M. Schomburgkii slammed into the side when introduced to the tank. It sustained an upper mouth injury. I have had this happen before with SDs. It has been healing for several days. The epidermis and most of the upper lip of the superior mouth structure are gone. The dermis...
  3. MetalRavioli

Pacu Foster

Thought I’d show you guys a photo of one of the red-bellied pacu I fostered a while back! They were dropped off outside of a pet supplies plus and had nowhere to go. There were 3 of them, and they were about 4-5 inches long at the time. I had an empty 20-gallon, so I decided to take them in...
  4. P

Looking for input on tank setup

I plan on getting a 200 gallon tank in the near future and I was wondering if my plan for the fish is overly optimistic or not. I want to get a silver arowana, a giant gourami, 3 oscar, 5-10 silver dollars, and a common pleco. I was planning on getting 2 fluval fx6's. I appreciate any and all...
  5. S

Rescued a massive Silver Dollar, will it shoal with smaller Silver Dollars?

Hi everyone, I saw the Silver Dollar at my LFS. I figured I'd get it since I have a mostly empty 125 gallon tank. I wanted to see if anyone would know if the Silver Dollar would shoal with smaller ones. I have never seen a Silver Dollar bigger than 2in diameter at a fish store, this one is...
  6. V

For Sale  Wide Black Bar Myleus Schomburgkii

8 medium sized wide bar silver dollars for sale. About 4-5 inches big. Just need more tank space. $200 for the group!
  7. AquaScape

Check out some of these newer fish we still have available!

4"-5" Blue Hook Silver Dollars - $45.oo Ea. 10" Black Devil Wyckii Catfish - $250.oo Ea. 10" Black Wolffish- $250.oo Ea. 5"-6" Jardini Arowana- $160.oo Ea. 3" Snowball Plecos- $25.oo Ea. 2" Clown Plecos- $15.oo Ea. 2" Spotted Rubbernose Plecos - $10.oo Ea. 2" Jaguar Cichlids- $5.oo Ea. Or...
  8. A

FREE  Re-home: Silver dollars, parrot cichlids, plecos, leopard bush fish, convict (free)

Hi, I am dismantling my 100g tank because I just had a baby and I can no longer take care of it. I would like to re-home the following fish: -4 silver dollars -2 parrot cichlids -1 leopard bush fish -1 convict cichlid -1 sm/med pleco -1 large pleco (all approx 2yrs old) Pickup only. Bring...
  9. festaedan

For Sale  Getting out of the hobby sale

Hello everybody For soon to be collegiate reasons, I am forced to let go of my collection. A vast majority of the listed fish have been in my care for well over a year, most of which have been with me for over two. Once all the fish are gone, I will be selling the set ups (300g, 120g, 40g, 20g...
  10. RampageRR

For Sale  3 silver dollars - Metynnis lippincottianus

Selling a small group of 3 metynnis lippincottianus silver dollars. Hard to guess at exact size, but I would say they're in the 4" range and close to 2 years old. I've kept them as dithers through several groups of large cichlids, but now that the tank is full of exodons, they're being bullied...
  11. C

For Sale  Wtb: Schools Of Silver dollar, barbs etc.

Looking to buy Schools of good size schooling fish like silver dollars, barbs or anything cool text me anytime 508 209 8014 let me know what you have
  12. F

For Sale  % Silver Dollars For Sale

I have 2 black bar silver dollars and 3 regular silver dollars for sale. Both very happy and I got all of them from Big Als. Regular silvers 5" black bars are 6" and nearing 7". Asking 30 each for the silvers and 50 each for the black bars. Take all 5 for 150 FIRM. They have been living...
  13. F

Want to Buy  Wide Bar Silver Dollars (Schomburgkii)

Looking for a group of Schomburgkii in Southern California.
  14. The-Almighty-Zugs

Wide Bar Silver Dollar Info Thread

So instead of asking a single question here and then repeating over and over again with other questions to gain more information, I would like to create a single thread where multiple questions can be asked and a discussion can ensure. I think that way, we can lower the potential drama that I...
  15. The-Almighty-Zugs

Want to Buy  Looking to buy Myleus Schomburgki (Silver Dollars)

Type of Listing: Want to buy Item/Animal: Myleus Schomburgki (Wide Bars, Thin Bars and Blackberry) Price: Determined by seller. Location: Eastern Ontario Pickup or shipping: Either is fine. Description: Looking for all three types of Myleus Schomburgki, preferably all types including Wide...
  16. mattybecks

Geos and SD stealing food from Jardini

The Jardini needs to be quick, if he doesn't dash across the tank for his shrimp he looses it to the mob. He has given up trying to get it back from them once they have it haha.
  17. T

Metynnis Fasciatus in 5 foot tank

Is my tank adequate enough for a small group of Metynnis Fasciatus? It's 60.5" long, 16.5" wide, 25.5" tall. If so, how many? They would be with 6 Geophagus Sveni that are now juvies at 2-3", but will be about 6-7" average at full grown. I want to make sure they have adequate space in a tank...
  18. G

Changing Things Up

I'm looking to change up my current set up and I'm looking to part with some of the larger guys that I have, I apologize in advance for the haze, the acrylic needs to be polished. 3 11" to 13" Wide Bar Emperor Blue Hook Silver Dollars - trio for $300 22" Albino Silver Arowana - $500 13" Wild...
  19. mattybecks

Changing up my tanks a little - advice on stocking

As some of you may know already I have 15 x silver dollars and 1 x Jardini in my 180 gal. Then 7 x Geophagus Tapajos in my 40ish gal. As of now everything is balanced, no aggression, great water quality (water change once a week as soon as nitrates reach 20ppm, sometimes every 5 days if its a...
  20. F

Rehabilitating Silver dollars (a make feel-good tale)

Not enough SILVER DOLLAR talk.... So, In the fall of 2017, I inherited 3 adult silver dollars, estimated to be at least 15 years old at that time (later found to be more like 20 years). This came from a science classroom aquarium at a local school. Although well cared earlier in their life, the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store