bluegill

1. PGJE

Help! HITH that never goes away!

So, the most recent Christmas, I took a vacation and left one of my friends (who is also in the hobby) in charge. They did a pretty good job, but I think they might’ve over fed a bit. Over the next week, my bluegill develops a nasty case of hole in the head disease, so I put him in a separate 10...
  2. KelberiFishLover19

Jonah’s Aquarium

Has anyone ordered from Jonah’s Aquarium recently? I am looking to get some panfish like bluegill and different types of sunfish but don’t know where to get them. I found this website and looked for recent threads on MFK about this site but can’t find anything recent. Also the way to order fish...
  3. PGJE

What do bluegill eat??

What do bluegill eat? I'm looking for pellet/flake, something that I could get without having to pay a lot or keep alive or such.
  4. M

Wild caught juvenile Big Mouth Bass and Bluegills... Help?

Heya. I'm so new to this so I'll tell ya a story... Ok, so my son's were doing some voluntary community service (removing debris for our local golf courses canal sobthey could swim) and happened upon a cast net in the muck. Since I have an empty 75gal tank ,I figured I'd take them a bucket and...
  5. Deadliestviper7

Different sunfish

the following is a list of different varieties and species of sunfish
  6. V

Could I raise Arapaima in my pond?

Hey everyone ^_^ this is my first post on here, and first attempt at re-stocking or raising the pond; so I apologize if I'm being ignorant in anything I say in my questions. Thanks in advance for the help!! (= Ohkay so we have a ~2acre pond that's spring-fed, and deep (~25ft at it's deepest)...
  7. Jacob._.merc

Jade goby tankmates

I currently have a 7 inch jade goby and I want to have a tankmate with him. I only need one tankmate due to size and stuff. I am deciding on 3 fish, a bluegill (one I want the most), cow goby or a flowerhorn. I know the bluegill likes more of a colder water but, they're tough fish. Which of...
  8. D

Ammonia spike help please!

I have a 75 gallon bowfront. I currently have a LMB about 4”, a 5-6” peacock bass, and a 2” bluegill all from a breeder. I cycled the tank for alittle over a month with a HOB 75 gallon aqueon quietflow and a HOB 40 gallon filter at the same time. Gravel, some rocks and a mix of fake plants and I...
  9. J

largemouth bass tank mates

Hey guy/gals i have a 75 gallon tank with 2 3" LGM Bass a 2"bluegill and a 3" bullhead. Im looking to get some some more fish to put in the tank with them i have Oscars, Bala sharks, and other cats i'm mind I have space for very large fish in a heated pond outside so. SUGGESTIONS?
  10. L

Fish freaked out and hide/sink to bottom when light is turned on

60gal 9 small/medium sunfish variety Fish all normally swim around and interact with us and thus far display normal behavior. Just yesterday they appear to have been spooked by an unknown cause erratically swimming around the bottom of the tank kicking up rock substrate almost in a frenzy...
  11. M

Best pellet food for numerous native species?

I am building a pond about 2000-3000 gallons this spring. Approx 4ft deep, 10 ft length and width. I will be stocking it with many native fish including- largemouth,smallmouth, walleye, sunfish, albino Catfish, crappie, and perch. I will only buy one or two of each fish. I will purchase these...
  12. Nativefishkeeper904

How can I get some fish out of a heavily planted large aquarium?

I have 3 bluegill sunfish in a planted 55 gallon aquarium. I have tried for hours to get them with a net but they are too quick! I want to give them to my friend but I can't get them out of the tank.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store