bichir

1. T

Just some questions on Senegal bichirs (polypterus senegalus)

I am considering getting a albino Senegal bichir and should like to know a few things: What are some of the basic care requirements? How big do they get as I have seen very mixed results all across the internet. Would it try and eat my L129 Colombian zebra plecos, as bichirs are known to eat...
  2. Rayfishowner

Bichirs and Luteus Pleco?

As the title suggests, anyone have experience keeping these together? Any insight is appreciated :)
  3. R

FREE  PLS Adopt my monster fish (San Diego)

I am moving this week and I can't take my fish tank. Not looking to sell, just want them to go to a good home. I have: 1 albino bichir (6 years old) 1 Mokelembembe wild caught (3 years old) 1 Tiger oscar (2 years old) 4 Convict cichlids (about 1 year old) 1 very hardy red fin shark (6 years...
  4. W

For Sale  Barton Garnet Sand - 330lbs

6x sealed pals of Barton 36cg garnet sand… Arguably the best stuff to bring out the color of your bichir / fish in general. I’ve included a pic to show how it has made my bichirs color up. Lower jaws especially, the color is quite impressive. (Lap and endli pictured) Bought too much, unloading...
  5. T

For Sale  For sale aro, gar, severums, chocolatebichirs

For sale - 18 inch black arowana- 80$ - 12 inch Florida gar - 50 $ - 4x 5-6 inch super red severum - 40$ each/150$ all - 8 inch chocolate cichlid - 40$ - 12 inch ornate - 80$ - 6 inch ornate - 40$ Going in different direction, for quicker response text me 20183504eighttwo Cat free with fish...
  6. Rayfishowner

For Sale  Datnoid, Bichirs, Angelfish, Discus

Downsizing as I will be moving soon and looking to rehome these fish: - 5x 5-6 inch Brilliant Blue Turqoise Discus $300 for all 5 - 4-5 inch Weeksii Bichir $50 - 9-10 inch Weeksii Bichir $100 - 7-8 inch Mokememble Bichir $70 - 7-8 inch Golden Longfin Senegal Bichir $120 - 7 inch platinum...
  7. Z

Is my ornate bichir okay?

Hey! I've been trying to find some answers online but decided I wanted to get peoples responses who have personal experiences with them too. I have a young ornate bichir in my tank with some other fish, and recently he's been acting a bit strange. I'm pretty new to fish keeping and have been...
  8. P

For Sale  Platinum endlichiri

I have a platinum endlichiri eating everything from pellets to shrimp, very healthy 8-10 inch for $550. Text me if interested located near Syracuse NY 315-480-6940
  9. P

Platinum endlichiri 8-10 inch

Have a 8-10 inch platinum endli that takes anything from pellets to shrimp! Super healthy asking 550 can text me to talk 315-480-6940 located near Syracuse NY
  10. B

How long can a 6-7 in Senegal go without food?

I have an auto feeder and have been feeding a lot for the past week, but the feeder is not very reliable so i was wondering at the worst case how longcan the bichir go without food?
  11. P

For Sale  Platinum Endlichiri Bichir

I have a 8-10 inch platinum endlichiri bichir I’m letting go, he is super healthy and eats everything from pellets to shrimp! Can hit me up to discuss pricing if you truly interested they arnt your average specimen.
  12. G

Bichir setup questions

Hi I am looking into the fish hobby after my turtle died and I have a few questions about setting up a bichir tank. I have a 75 gallon tank and am looking into getting a 270 gallon indoor pond. I was wondering if I should be able to house 2 Senegal bichirs and 1 delhezi bichir in a 75 gallon...
  13. W

For Sale  19” Ornate bichir , 16” Lapradei bichir

*Sale fell through* 19” Ornate bichir (massive) - $200 16” Lapradei bichir - $100 55lb Barton sand / media - $50 (4 available) Would trade for p bass or datnoid Malta, NY Willing to meet, not willing to ship atm unless arranged by buyer
  14. W

For Sale  Bichir + supplies + Royal pleco

~19" Ornate bichir ( Polypterus ornatipinnis ) absolute girth machine. Pics cannot do justice, over 3 inches side to side, HUGE. Eats pellets, chopped talapia, shrimp ... $220 ~16-17" Lapradei bichir ( polypterus lapradei ) purchased as a p. bichir bichir (doubt). Colored down due to bare bottom...
  15. T

Bichir died

My first bichir a Delhezi just died because another fish ripped off the pre filter and my bichir got his head stuck inside the hose which was a siphon so he was vacuumed onto the end. The seal was so strong I had to cut the pipe to get him out. I tried to revive him by allowing oxygenated water...
  16. Bichisaur

For Sale  Bichirs DMV area

Endlis black volta and tikinso both are between 18 to 20". 250 ea or 400 for both. Pm me
  17. B

Anyone know a good cave for a small Senegal Bichir?

I am looking for a small cave for my bichir, I had been looking at the aquarium co-op place breeding cave(I cant post a link sorry). Does anyone know anything else? Im not against the aquarium co-op one I'm just looking for ideas. I have a Senegal Bichir about 5-6 inches, 2 bristle nose plecos...
  18. Rayfishowner

For Sale  Eels and bichirs

Hey guys looking to move on from these fish: 2x Freshwater Tiger Moray Eel 12 inch $90 each or $160 for both 1x Golden Longfin Senegal Bichir 9-10 inches $250 Message if interested located in Ithaca NY 14850. Pick up only. Thank you, Ray
  19. MooseTheWizard

FREE  Ontario Bichir Collection

Hello, I am looking to give up my bichirs to someone invested in the hobby, and excited to keep them. I've had most of them for around five years now in heavily planted tanks, but I am looking to downsize in the hobby. I have: 1 Ornate (12+") 2 Weeksii (~12") 1 Senegal 1 Delhezi 4 Retros (Two...
  20. M

Spotted by my bichir, Ilomba

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store