suggestions

1. T

125 Gal stocking Ideas

Bad News I just went on a vacation to Costa Rica and returned to the worst possible news, the power went out overnight when nobody was home, all of my fish died besides a dither giant danio. 😢 I’m really heartbroken, I had those fish since they were tiny. I had a (Ornate Bichir, Oscar, Flagtail...
  2. B

Advice on tetras

Looking for some suggestions for a school of tetras. I have a 5ft x 2ft x 2.5ft tank. 4 juvenile angelfish 4 rams 4 apistogramma fire red 15 black skirt tetras Lots of assorted corys L076 plec Plan on adding some blue acara, key hole cichlids and some more black skirt tetra. It's a planted...
  3. S

Bichir tankmates question

Hey everyone. Would giant brochis (b. Britskii) and some larger dojo loaches (9 inches) be alright to keep with a couple of Senegals? Also, are there any type of invertebrates that can be kept safely with bichirs, aside from snails?
  4. S

Pond fish to go with Koi

Hi guys, I am looking for suitable partner suggestions for my small koi pond - around 1000 gallon and 8ft x4 ft , weather is temperate in Southern California with occasional 50’s Any experienced pond owners who can share tips ?
  5. Rell XV

Large Predatory Fish Recommendations

I have a 1000 Gallon aquarium that I was wanting to stock with Peacock Bass, but I am not able to get them in my area for anything that isn't absurdly expensive. I already have a 7" Silver Arowana enjoying itself in the aquarium, so I'm looking for something that can be compatible with Silver...
  6. huntery18

fish to keep with jack dempseys?

hello all so i currently have a growup tank of 45 gallons with 4 juvenile jd a pleco and a catfish all fish are under 4 inches and i am soon going to be rehoming two or three of the jacks as i am trying to breed, keeping that n mind does anyone have any suggestions what else i could keep in here...
  7. A

Favorite Silver Arowana Tankmates?

Ok, long-time reader but new member to MFK, so I apologize for any faux pas. I've finally picked up my own silver arowana, under two friggin' inches! I've been eventually planning for one so I've done a fair amount of research (and or course have long-term plans for housing) but the biggest...
  8. Vikkram

Silver Arowana in community Aquarium

Dear Monsterfishkeepers, I have below fishes in my 240 gallon aquarium (96 inch length, 24 inch wide, 24 inch height) I am planning to move my 2 feet length Silver Arowana from my 75 gallon (4 feet tank) to my new 240 gallon. Can the Silver Arowana and my current fishes coexist and live...
  9. Vikkram

Stocking suggestion for my 240 gallon

Dear Monsterfishkeepers, I have added below fishes to my 240 gallon (96 inch length, 24 inch wide, 24 inch height) Please advice me whether my stocking is acceptable. I know it's overstocked. But I love all those fishes. Kindly someone suggest whether I can keep all these fishes happy. Tinfoil...
  10. S

New 300g CA (mostly) tank stocking suggestions

So after about 8 years away from keeping an aquarium (I kept a 90 gallon aquarium with my father until I graduated high school), I have finally decided to get back into the hobby. I recently acquired a 300 gallon aquarium (dimensions - 96"L, 30"W, 24"H) at a garage sale for a steal and am eager...
  11. R

New Fish Suggestions?

Hello, I am looking to add a unique fish to an existing tank (in memory of a passed relative). Would love some recommendations. Would prefer a single fish, but am open to suggestions that involve pairs or schools. Thank you! Tanks specs: - 125 gallon (70x18) - semi heavily planted - PFS...
  12. PatrickMW36

New to small fish and need suggestions

I'm going set up a new tank and wanted some suggestions. I'm either doing a 20 gal or a 40 B. I'm going to make it a planted tank and am going to add 25 red cherry shrimp & don't know what type of fish to get. The reason behind the tank is to grow plants to add into my large tanks as well as...
  13. fox3794

New 48L" X 24"wide X 19"Tall tank. WHAT TO STOCK?

So I was in my LFS and saw a tank marked broken glass, a quite large one indeed. Upon talking to the manager i asked "hey are you just gonna throw this thing out?" and surely enough i got to take it home FREE of charge. :] Im lucky since only one of the side panels was cracked, and i have...
  14. fox3794

New 48L" X 24"wide X 19"Tall tank. WHAT TO STOCK?

So I was in my LFS and saw a tank marked broken glass, a quite large one indeed. Upon talking to the manager i asked "hey are you just gonna throw this thing out?" and surely enough i got to take it home FREE of charge. :] Im lucky since only one of the side panels was cracked, and i have...
  15. A

Amazon predator tank

working on planning a very large (20,000-40,000 gallon) Amazon tank, enclosing a conference room in an office. stocking ideas:D? just trying to keep fish from the amazon river basin, however open to any other ideas you guys have please suggest. personally ive always done reef aquariums, however...
  16. J

Starting 55 Gallon Cichlid Tank - Input/Suggestions Appreciated

Hey everyone, I'm new on the boards, and I'm getting back into the love of messing with my aquarium. I have a 55 Gallon tank with gravel filler, standard filtering (i'll post brand/etc if needed) and heater. I had some rocks we were going to use in our flower gardens, but I acquired them and...
  17. P

First Tank Ever (125 gallon) - Which Cichlids Should I Get?

I just bought a 125 gallon fish tank and it will be my first tank ever. I want to put Cichlids in it, so I'm looking for suggestions on which ones I should get. I'm looking for low-maintenance, colorful Cichlids that are the least likely to become aggressive against each other. I plan to buy...
  18. P

First Tank (125 gallon) - Which Cichlids should I get?

I just bought a 125 gallon fish tank and it will be my first tank ever. I want to put Cichlids in it, so I'm looking for suggestions on which ones I should get. I'm looking for low-maintenance, colorful Cichlids that are the least likely to become aggressive against each other. I plan to buy...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store