canister

1. OutbackJack

Two HOBs and a canister filter?

Unfortunately, I am one of those folks who didn't read enough before buying a canister filter. I now understand why you can't trust the "for aquariums up to XXX gallons". So when I got my 150 gallon, I bought a Fluval FX2 and it does okay. Water's okay but not as clean as I'd like. (Fortunately...
  2. OhioCLE

For Sale  Eheim Canister 2262 (1500XL) Filter

This listing is for a model 2262 (1500XL) Ehiem canister filter. Condition is new/unused. I had some pretty big ideas on setting up a DC powered controllable pump to this canister unit, but the project never took off. A spare o-ring and lid screw was purchased (spare o-ring and lid screw are...
  3. B

Canister filter

Hi all. I have a 4 feet tank. 4x2x1.5 (Length x width x height) and I bought the wrong canister filter. Will lowering water in tank have any effect on my canister filter ? Particularly the input tube that gets water back to the canister ? My tank is 83 gallons (310 litres) and the filter I have...
  4. S

advice needed for 390 gallon canister setup

Hi fellow friends MFK. newbie here first time owner of large tank and prefer canisters over sump. Tank setup for 2 snakeheads. 7ft x 3 x 2.5 that is approximately 393 gallons or 1500 liters. Will 2 eheim xl canisters be enough for beneficial bacteria growth and full cycle ? One canister on each...
  5. ukgoffer

For Sale  In Line Canister Filter with pressure gauge and 4 replacement socks

This has really been my workhorse to remove particulates in a 240g FW with a large bioload (rays, bass, dats etc.). This plus an Eheim 2262 was more than enough for my tank. I would change the sock every other week and I would only have to touch my canister 4x per year. It is very easy to...
  6. xDestro

Canister = sump?

Hooked up my fx4 on my 75 today and noticed my water level dropped quiet a bit. So if I were to have a fx4 on like a 20 gallon would that basically be a sump? On another topic can anyone recommend me a canister filter for a 20 gallon long? Stock will he f8 puffer and bumblebee gobies.
  7. xDestro

Sump question

What's the advantages to having a sump over just running a canister filter or 2 on larger 100+ tanks? I would love a 150 but sumps are way outa my knowledge range.
  8. Aqua Nut

EHEIM Pro 4 Review | Eheim Professionel 4 350 Review | Eheim Pro 4+ with Pre-Filter Canister Filter

EHEIM Pro 4 350 Review | New Series of Canister Filters From Eheim Pro 4 + | New Eheim Filter | Canister Filter Review | Eheim 2273 | EHEIM Pro 4 Review | Eheim Professional 4 350 Review | Eheim Pro 4+ with Pre-Filter Canister Filter...
  9. J

FILTER?? My first tank build!

I'm finally building my 380 gallon tank! Yay. I'm not sure on wether I want to buy a filter (sump? Canister?) or if it's a better option to make one. What filters do you use/prefer? And any links/thoughts on building one? Greatly appreciated!
  10. Downwiththecichness765

Endlicheri cannibalizing Senegalus NEED help fast

My endlicheri is currently trying to swallow my smaller Senegalus as I type. My main concern is that the endlicheri will die trying to swallow this meal, and as the Senegalus is already dead. Part of me wants to let nature take its course but I do not want my endlicheri to suffocate trying to...
  11. kim91

130 gallon fx5 & hw-304b input & output placement

Here's my setup and placement as of now and not sure if i did it right or wrong so can someone give me some advice on placing the input and output for my two canister filter which is fx5 and sunsun hw-304b with one powerhead and internal filter, where should i point the powerhead? I will be...
  12. brittneyelz

Need Help with my Canister

i have Ehiem 3 canister filter in my 120gal. I have never had a canister filter before and my tank is starting to smell a little and im not sure how to fix the issue. there is a green tint to it that I cant seem to get rid of with weekly water changes ect. im sure there are a lot of different...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store