rtc

1. J

HELP!! sick Red tail catfish

hi so i have these two RTC’s in a 1800 gallon pond with some gar oscar and irredecent’s and i just recently noticed red abrasion marks on both my rtcs none of the other fish seem to be bothered but the rtc’s are seeming more lethargic than usual water parameters are good the bottle just looks a...
  2. A

Need Help

This morning I woke up and my peacock bass was a goner. The past week I have been treating for ick. i firsted noticed the ick on my shovel nose/rt hybrid which soon spread through the tank. within 2-3 days all ick had clear up from fish and they looked great. This morning I go downstairs and my...
  3. N

For Sale  Red tail catfish approx 10"

I have a red tail catfish that unfortunately was purchased by an inexperienced hobbyist. The fish is about 10" and I want to sell it to someone who has a pond or large aquarium that can allow this fish to thrive. It is healthy and price is negotiable. Photo upon request
  4. H

RTC Rescue, skin issue identification. Need help please.

Hi all, I loathe being this guy, first post being about an issue with RTC's. but I recently rescued this from an owner who's tank and filtration was far too small for it's size. I searched the forums for a good hour, couldn't find this exact ailment. Background information. NH3 - 0ppm NO2 -...
  5. C

Arowana

Hello today my golden aro has died, he had been perfectly fine all day long then I come back and he's dead. Tank parameters are in pictures. Prior to this big 2ft silver aro died looked beaten by cat. Water parameters checked normal levels, did water change. Next day peacock bass does, water...
  6. C

Redtail Catfish FinRot

My 500 gallon stocked with 4 aros 2 RTC and a peacock with the weather recently had a bad spike in ammonia and nitrate, prior to spike ammonia .5, nitrate 20ppm. After spike (overnight) ammonia over 8, nitrate over 160, 2 arows dead, prior day had eaten normally and night time had shown no signs...
  7. Billyboy283

For Sale  Short body RTC’s 2 fish

Phantom RTC 8” 6 months old—1 eye $800 RTC 1.5 years old 12” $800 Bergen County New Jersey
  8. P

For Sale  GRADE A SHORTBODY RTC ((STRAIGHT SPINE))

Up for sale is my grade A SHORTBODY RTC. If you have done your research then the pics explain it all.. Top fins touching and overlapping, and straight spine. Straight spine is more desirable than the crooked spine type which doesn't swim well and has a shorter lifespan. It's currently eating...
  9. T

For Sale  RT & Marble Achara Catfish For Sale

RTC is around 18" Marble Achara is 26"+ Currently housed in a 400gal circular pond. No sale unless you have a tank/pond large enough for these fish. $25 for the RTC and $60 for the Achara, or $75 for both.
  10. U

Critique My Tank Build Design & Fish List - Please

I'm in the process of designing my 500+ gallon tank with overflows and a 50 gallon sump. It's an odd pentagon shape - 8.5' x 5' (should allow adequate turning radius for larger fish). Please look at my drawing and provide me with any comments, pointers or tips. GOOD, BAD, or UGLY! The entire...
  11. P

FREE  Red Tail Catfish

Hello! So my dad And I had recently gotten into freshwater tanks and was originally going to do a monster tank with 900 gals. He has liked red tail for a while so when he saw it at the store he took the opportunity not fully doing a lot of research. But I am now realizing it will get far too...
  12. redtail0812

For Sale  Redtail catfish about 3-4 inchs

Have a few rtc available
  13. Paradox2296

150 gallon

Hey guys its been awhile thought id post an update lost my kelberi and my tsn due to a power outage so im looking for some replacements
  14. S

Redtail Catfish and Lotuses

Hello all! While I love my fish to no end, I have to admit that their tank (5,000 gallons, and sometimes I still fear it’s not enough for some of the bigger guys haha) currently looks somewhat drab. I’ve decorated the bottom of the tank with driftwood, ceramic pots, and a few other various...
  15. C

For Trade  Tsn x rtc

Need to rehome my tsn x rtc (13-15”) due to larger tank cracking. Currently is in a 75 gallon tank and needs to go back into a 240 or larger. Taking reasonable offers or will trade for ghost shrimp/filter media. Pick up in Hyde Park, NY 12538
  16. Iamfish

True Albino Rtc

These were posted on facebook today just thought I would share them here. These are the first true albino rtcs I have ever seen. I wonder how much they cost lol.
  17. J

Het albino rtc ??

Had a few people who have cane and brought fish from me and a few of them have all said the same thing and is that rtc albino , he has some slight yellow colour to him and has since had him . Was really pale wen brought him from lfs and stayed the same .
  18. J

Is my rtc het albino ?

Had a few people who have cane and brought fish from me and a few of them have all said the same thing and is that rtc albino , he has some slight yellow colour to him and has since had him . Was really pale wen brought him from lfs and stayed the same .
  19. Pile_O_Rocks

Is Height Important for RTCs?

Would a RTC be able to live in a 13’x7’x30” indoor pond?. The footprint is good for a RTC but I’ve seen things saying 3’ is the minimum height. Is this accurate?
  20. R

RTC pond size

I am building a 15 by 5 ft pond and was wondering if this would be sufficient housing for a RTC
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store