fire eel

1. Dsoars

Want to Buy  ISO Dayi OR Pantherinus Spiny Eel

I had a Dayi eel ordered, and the day it was supposed to ship the company called and told me he jumped out and died. So if anybody has a Dayi eel, or a pantherinus eel for sale or rehome, please message me! My number is 561-262-1222
  2. T

Fire Eel strange behavior?

Hey guys, I have some questions about my fire eel. I can’t tell if there is something wrong with him, or that is just how fire eels act. Basically, I have noticed him laying on his side, laying sideways on branches, and swimming funny sometimes. What’s strange is that sometimes we will act...
  3. X

My solution to fussy fire eel

Hi all, My first post here and for a change rather than asking stuff (lol), I'd like to give a contribution if i can. I have a 10 feet 1400 liter aquarium and have bichir, oscars and one fire eel and one tiretrack eel. The tiretrack eel has always eaten frozen food of all type, live ghost...
  4. Rayfishowner

For Sale  6 inch Fire Eel

Hey everyone, I have a 6 inch fire eel that I would like to part ways with. Super healthy and eating live earthworms and blood worms, ghost shrimp. Kind of an impulse buy and I realized it doesn’t fit the future tank I am trying to put together. Looking for $60 or best offer. Flexible and...
  5. Rayfishowner

New baby 2-3 inch fire eel won’t eat :(

Hey guys, posted about getting new fish in a previous thread, one of which was a 2-3 inch fire eel. Got this fish in online and it was very skinny but active. Put the eel in my 10 low tech gallon planted aquarium. It’s been over a week now and I’ve tried a variety of foods with no luck. Frozen...
  6. Rayfishowner

New fish :)

Hey all, So recently purchased 2 new fish and they just came in today. The first is a 4-5 inch lapradei bichir (looks wild caught nigerian but correct me if I’m wrong) and the second is a 2-3 inch fire eel. The bichir is currently in a 5 gallon quarantine tank and the fire eel into my 10 gallon...
  7. Onyx4476

fire eel in quarantine

I recently purchased a 14” fire eel. It has been in quarantine for about 2 weeks. Still will not eat, and has a small fleshy growth on the base of the pectoral fin. Not sure what i should do. i water test every day (always 0) i do water changes with prime 2 times per week. the tank is 60...
  8. K

Fire eel disease

Hello. First time posting here. I picked up a fire eel (16inches) a little over a week ago. While the previous owner was cathing the eel it jumped out of the tank and got trapped under the aquarium stand. This caused a lot of stress (white eyes etc.) I decided to medicate the eel once i got...
  9. F

For Sale  Getting out of the hobby stingray bass and eels

Pearl het albino stingray 450, 12 -13 inch fire eel 150, 10 inch tire track eel 100 text me at 19732148633
  10. S

Fire Eel Treatment for Ick

Hey guys, I’m back with the need for more fire eel advice. I woke up this morning and saw that I had some fish with what looks like ick starting to spread on my geosphagus. My fire eel isn’t showing symptoms right now. But what treatment is safe to use with her in the aquarium? All parameters...
  11. Whoisjaime

Fire mouth Breeding 180gallon monster tank

Just wanted to share a little about about my Firemouth Cichlids. After about a month in my 180 gallon tank we had our first batch of fry that are now swimming freely. Will be moving them and sharing their phases of growth over time in a 10 gallon breeder tank. Please feel free to ask any questions!
  12. S

Feeding fire eel pellets

Is this even feasible? My fire eel has exclusively been eating bloodworms for its entire life, but i realize that this is a horrible way to feed a fish, and I'm attempting to get it on pellets. Is this feasible? I understand that it would be much more likely to accept live food like ghost...
  13. S

Fire Eel problems.

Hello all, yesterday I obtained a baby (its about 3 inches,) Fire Eel. It has not eaten yet. I understand that it probably is exceptionally stressed about the move. I'm planning on buying some bloodworms for it today and feeding some to him at night. Would this be wise?
  14. nikkimurph18

An eel-mergency ( no seriously I need advice ASAP plz)

I know this may sound silly but my fire eel is literally my favorite fish I have! I love her so so much and this is why I’m so upset with myself for not looking harder and acting before doing extensive research! So my blood parrot cichlid probably has ICH and my local pet shop gave me this...
  15. S

Fire Eel gasping for air and has white 'ulcers'

Hi everyone, I have noticed my fire eel has not been eating and now it has been gasping or breathing heavily. I did a 50% water change just now, tests show 0 ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH 7. Tank has sandy bottom and PVC pipes and decorations for hiding. It came out of its preferred PVC pipe...
  16. D

Fire Eel skin issue

As my fire eel has grown bigger he has these “chunks” of skin missing at the top of his head it started with one small white patch. Its only around his head. What can it be? We have two heater without cover and he spends most of his time inside of his tube comes out at night. He eats krill like...
  17. S

My Fire Eel Jumped!

Hey everyone, Last night my fire eel jumped out of our 120 gallon! Ive had this fire for about 4 years now and he has never done this before. I thought the tank was safeguarded well but I guess not. Anyways, my tank is a little more than five feet tall. I literally have to get on a step ladder...
  18. Kolossus

For Trade  Monster Jardini Aro and Fire Eel

24in Tank mate friendly Jardini 36in Fire Eel For trade or sale. What you got?! Pick up or possibly meet. Both eating pellets and frozen foods. Both tank mate friendly. The Jar chases the silver dollars from time to time but is cool with multiple various tank mates. Raised them both...
  19. A

Fire Eel resting at the top of the tank and has white "scratches"

Anyone know what this is? All of the sudden my eel has this huge white patch that looks like fin rot. Yesterday he was swimming completely fine and had no scratches on him, today he's chilling at the top of the water and this huge white "scratch" at the end of his tail. I'm assuming its a...
  20. A

Whats on my fire eel?

I have recently purchased a fire eel, he is about 6” long and I have had him for about 2 weeks, he is in a tank with a betta, 2 cory cats, a pleco and a snail, I had a molly and some fry but got rid of them today since they produce so much waste. I just noticed something on its side, it looks...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store