payara

1. W

For Sale  Red Tail Payara 6 inches

Anyone interested in a 6 inch Red Tail Payara (Hydrolycus Tatauaia). Located in Eau Claire WI 715-214-6633
  2. MDM21

Payara Identification

Hi All, I recently purchased what was labeled as a Payara Armatus from Predatory Fins and wanted opinions if this is correct.From what I can tell from markings behind the gill plate - it is either Armatus or Redtail, but the tail shape is throwing me off. From what I understand, Armatus should...
  3. S

For Sale  Payara 8in

4. S

Want to Buy  Looking for payara!!!

I'm looking to buy some payara. Open to any species but would prefer for them to be atleast 6 or 7 inches. Please message me if you have any or have a lead on some!!! Thanks shakedown
  5. Blakewater

I Finally Caught It On Video!!!

Firstly, sorry for the dirty acrylic. Feedings are wet and wild over here and I didn’t expect my Tat to be so bold today. For the past few weeks I’ve seen what I thought was my Tat taking bites of food (mainly shrimp) from the corner of my eye. Once or twice during my pellet feedings I could...
  6. Blakewater

More Monster Pick Ups: Tat & Dat

Added some new beasts to my tank again today. Got the hook up on a nice 12”-13” Tatau and a 15” IT beast. Both are moving in real nice and don’t seem to be afraid of me at all haha
  7. T

For Sale  Going out of hobby sale

17" armatus Payara 19'' Redtail catfish 12" tiger shovel nose 9" albino Tiger Oscar 6" bd hybrid ray 6" bd hybrid ray 7" male pearl ray 34" silver arowana 12" peacock bass 10'' pacu 10'' feather fin squeaker a few common pleco 13''irredescant shark 12'' irredcesant shark 16 '' rtc hybrid...
  8. spencer0t

Payara pond

I want to put a payara in my outdoor pond the stock is 1x flagtail 1x silver arowana 2x mahseer 1x indo dat would a payara be okay in a outdoor pond getting off of live food water temp heard they can be sensitive? Never kept a payara before anything can help
  9. spencer0t

Payara scom in pond

I build a pond in my yard and the stock is tiger shovelnose hybrid silver arowana Indo tarpon and livebearing fish my question is if I add a payara scomberoides would it be fine in the pond the other fish are feeding on tilipia,Shrimp,pellets and the livebearers would the payara get along also...
  10. aes1687

ARMATUS VS TATAUAIA

Anyone ever keep two different species of payara together successfully? Armatus and tats specifically. If so, were they the same size, and how many fid you keep together?
  11. aes1687

HYDROLYCUS / PAYARA

Hey everyone, thinking of getting a baby payara, choices are a 7cm Armatus for 50 usd or 12cm tatuia for 70 usd. Which leads to the question, which would you guys recommend taking? Whats the major differences? The pluses and minuses? Thanks in advance :)
  12. RocketGarStar

Payara ID Help?

I recently picked up this bold little guy from my LFS, and he's doing very well with my other fish - there's only one problem: I don't know if he'll grow out of my tank or not. I'm hoping he isn't an Armatus, and I'm hoping for the Scomb... Any help with the IDing of my new carnivorous friend...
  13. RocketGarStar

75 Gallon Oddball Tank

I've had my 75 G forever, but I've been thinking about redoing it, as far as fish species go. Right no, I have: 1 6.5 inch Hujeta/Rocket Gar 1 4 inch Payara (growin him out) 1 6.5 inch African Featherfin Cat 1 4 inch Jack Depsey 1 5 inch Gourami (Not a Giant, but I don't know what it is yet)...
  14. J

Anthropod In my Payara

Hey Everyone! I have been following you guys for years now. I have been using you all as resource since I've been keeping fish. So I decided to become a member a few months ago. However, this is my 1st post because I've never had to ask anything since a lot of info is on here. But I'm...
  15. AquaScape

Hydrolycus armatus up for grabs!

We have some beautiful looking Armatus here at aquascapeonline going for $150 at 4"-5" & 6"-7" going for $200!
  16. amazontank

FTS | Payara Armatus 2'+ | $800 obo | Carlsbad | Pickup

What type of listing is this?: FTS What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?: Payara Armatus 2'+ What are your prices?: 800 obo Where are you located?: Carlsbad Pickup or Able to Ship?: Pickup Description: Hello my mfk legends just going one last time on my payara! Friend posted last week I was...
  17. greenerinks

22" armatus

So it's been quite some time since I've posted in this section as you all may know. I adopted this armatus approximately right after the death of my gatf. This is the stand in to fill the void of a giant monster. This one is an alpha of the original trio my friend kept from young juveniles.
  18. T

FS | Goliath African Tiger Fish, Payara Armatus, African Pike | $600 | Hawthorne CA | Pickup

What type of listing is this?: FS What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?: Goliath African Tiger Fish, Payara Armatus, African Pike What are your prices?: 600 Where are you located?: Hawthorne CA Pickup or Able to Ship?: Pickup Description: GATF 17" - $600 obo Payara 12" - $300 obo Pike 9" -...
  19. AquaScape

Current Stocklist as of 09/03/2017

-Piranha- Red Bellies(Pygocentrus nattereri): .75”-1” -600 available- 8ea. Or 10/70.00 1.5”-2” -80 available- 12ea. Or 10/100.00 3”-4” -100 available- 30ea. Or 3/100.00 5”-6” -1 available- 125.00 Caribe(Pygocentrus cariba)...
  20. C

I need help with my Payara barracuda

Im in need of some help with my payara. I haven't seen him eat, been about a week since I've gotten him. It might be eating at night but I'm not 100% sure. Also when I got him from work today he has something wrong with his nose. Like a white spot or something as you seen in the picture. Any...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store