breeding cichlids

1. StateCichlidInspector

Need help

So I bought some Cichlids for my tank I have 4 unknown species I'm pretty sure I have an idea on a few of them ones an Albino Socolofi Cichlid ones a Red Zebra Cichlid and then another is blue and the last one looks like a Auratus Cichlid. Basically I want them to breed I really don't know much...
  2. Justepic

Easiest cichlid to breed?

I would like to start breeding cichlids and originally I was going to go for Jewels but just wanted to know- What is the easiest cichlid to breed (in your opinion) and also no fish that need more than 45 gallons
  3. Hybridfish7

How to successfully rear fry without the parents?

I know how to breed substrate spawning cichlids. Only took me 7 spawns of 2 different species but I guess I got the hang of it. - get a pair - pair spawns - do not feed the fry, only the parents, the parents feed the fry what they eat and the fry eat microorganisms/leftover food - leave fry with...
  4. S

Cuban cichlid x vieja hartwegi

Hi, i just want to know is it possible for these two to cross breed? Because i have a male cuban cichlid and female hartwegi in the same tank. Now these two started showing a sign that they start pairing. Does anyone ever cross breed these fish before? Any pics to share? Thanks.
  5. Aquatank

New Oscar breed ?

Guys in your opinion can we make a new breed of Oscars from selective breeding of them, Guys let me know you ideas and I some are suitable then let's give it a try. Is that legal to creat a new strain of cichlid at your fishroom or do you need some kind of permits
  6. Tomt37

Breeding blue acaras

So blue acaras laid eggs on Sunday night Monday morning ... wriggler stage happened about wed/thurs .. should I be worried they aren't free swimming yet .. they are still wriggling away but seem caught up together and some even caught on hair (long cat hair) which managed to get into the tub I'm...
  7. jonah h2o

cuban cichlids aggression and tank size

found a breeding pair of cuban cichlids, the only tank I could breed the in is a 50 gal (36x18x18)or a 90 gal that has a sump, so just looking for some info on breeding and other info you may have! thanks.
  8. R

Severum bullying

Hey guys I have two gold severum & two juvenile oscar in my tank but recently one of my male severum bullying other fish . This severum always try to push my other severum behind the river rock in my tank and dint let her out (actually i dont know its male or female) like he try her not to...
  9. A

Cool new update in my 125gallon.

So I was just checking in on my fish before I went to bed, and lo and behold I find quite the surprise. Apparently the two most colorful of my Geophagus Sp. Redhead Tapajos have paired up and laid eggs. I've only had them for maybe 3 months if even that long. The biggest one (the female) can't...
  10. T

Question about Breeding Cichlids

So I picked up a 55 gallon relatively cheap and I wanted to try my hand at raising and breeding some sajicas. I've never tried breeding cichlids before but I know (or have been told) sajicas are very good parents. But my question is what, if any, other fish should I put in there? I have a...
  11. L

Has anyone tried crossing Protomelas Marginatus with Protomelas Insignus?

I am getting a whole bunch of insignus females for my gorgeous young male, but I also have a 6" marginatus that is pretty stunning. I was curious if anyone's tried or seen a cross of the two? I couldn't find anything but I figured they aren't the most famous haps so maybe it just wasn't well...
  12. swomley93

jaguar cichlids

Hello all , I have bought two jaguar cichlid baby's and one of them is very bright (body) and the other has a very dark body with more markings did I accidentally pick up a breeding pair you think?
  13. Lil g

Eggs?

Can someone please help me figure out if I missed my jack dempseys laying eggs.. They are acting like they laid eggs but I just noticed all this behavior yesterday when it looked like they were spawning but I didn't see any eggs... I saw little tiny clear dots coming out of my female and go on...
  14. C

Jack Dempsey help please!

My first post here, thanks for any help. Love the site. Me and my wife have been trying to get our what we thought was a male/female couple of JD's to spawn with no such success in two years. Tried all the tricks and no action lol not even egg attempts like my O's. So I'm now...
  15. Nativefishkeeper904

What should I do with my convict fry once they hatch?

A pair of my convict cichlids just recently laid some eggs in my aquarium... What should I do with the fry when they hatch? I definitely can't keep them all. Any ideas or advice? Thanks :)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store