identify

1. MetalRavioli

Stowaway ID!

Hello MFK! I recently purchased some plants for my 90g tank, and came across a stowaway! He somehow managed to make it from the store, into the plant back which had almost no water in it, and into my tank! I can't seem to ID him, but he is very very little. Anyone know what he is? I have 6...
  2. B

Please help identify this Earth Eater!

Geophagus Pellegrini or Geophagus Crassilabris? went to my LPS and had a tank full of red head topajos (labeled) and was looking through the tank and found two oddballs. I’m not sure how often this happens to you all, but almost every shop I go to has tanks full of fish labeled correctly, but...
  3. Stanv03

Help ID this bichir please?

Hellos everyone, I bought this little guy as a Delhezi from my LFS, and he’s around 2.5 inches I believe. I wanted to put him in my 125 Gallon with jack Dempsey and 2 Oscar’s that are all around 4 inches. But as of now I’m growing the bichir out in my 55 with my EBA cichlid and BN Pleco. But...
  4. m_sol

Can someone help identify my FH's and what they have on their fin and body

Currently in 75 gal grow out tank. The bigger one laid eggs but the eggs turned white 2 days later. The first one is female and second male. They paired up idk if the male is infertile. Thanks in advance!
  5. S

Hybrid Red Tail? Does anybody know? Pics attached

This guy was labeled as a Red Tailed Cat, but he has some features that I discovered were different from Red Tails. He has spots running down the side of him, as well as on his dorsal fin. Dorsal fin looks much different in shape as well. His colors are also duller than a typical red tail. He is...
  6. Y

Please help identify my FH

:newbie: here. Please help in identifying this FH. The fish keeper says this is a good quality KML. Want your expert opinions in validating his claim.
  7. J

Help to identify this flowerhorn.

Hi. This flowerhorn was recently aoldnto me as a female fader flowerhorn. But I am not so sure that it is a female as the behavior of a female Texas cichlid I already had in my tank has changed and is giving it a lot of attention since I introduced the flowerhorn to the tank. I am so have a...
  8. J

Help to identify this flowerhorn.

Hi. This flowerhorn was recently aoldnto me as a female fader flowerhorn. But I am not so sure that it is a female as the behavior of a female Texas cichlid I already had in my tank has changed and is giving it a lot of attention since I introduced the flowerhorn to the tank. I need help to...
  9. m_sol

Can anyone help identify these guys for me?

Thanks in advanced
  10. U

Compatibility questions + please help identify + Bala Shark in 70Gal?

Hello, I have an ***h0le blue texas (25cm) and a common pleco(30cm) in a 45gal (obviously a nano tank for this fish, I know, please don't trow rocks at me, I water change religiously) with a bunch of snaks (guppies). I'm buying a 70 galon this weekend as an upgrade. The problem is , there...
  11. Goldenburd

Just rescued this cichlid and i was wondering what type it was

Hi so my local physical therapy office had a cichlid in a 15 or 20g and they where waiting for it to die to get new fish and im lije you want me to take it off your hands and they said that they would be gappy to get rid of him or her. So i git him and i don't know what type or sex ir anything...
  12. The-Almighty-Zugs

Can someone identify this Flowerhorn Type?

So I've been doing more and more research on Flowerhorns but I can't seem to identify this Flowerhorn. Could anyone help me out? It would be much appreciated. I'm talking about the kind/type.
  13. mattybecks

The fish of Dubai's desert lakes - part 2 underwater footage

As mentioned in a recent thread - (https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/the-fish-of-dubai’s-desert-lakes.717880/) I got some decent underwater footage of the fish in Al Qudra lakes, Dubai. It was a little tricky filming as when I walked I threw up sediment and fine sand, so some...
  14. H

Severum Identification

I was sold a turquoise severum yesterday, but the more I look at him, the less he looks like a severum. The body seems too long and there seems to be no stripped bands at all. It was the last one among a mix of golden and turquoise severums so that is a possibility as well. If this is not a...
  15. X

Shrimp identification?

Hey I got the sky the other day, and well I'm not sure what he is now... Looks like a super small crayfish to me... And has some major attitude.
  16. neko1

hejuta

I heard on this forum that there are 3 types of hejuta gars. I have 3 hejuta's right now, 1 is from another shop then the other 2. And they look different to me, can anyone tell me if they are the same species or different? One has a yellow tail and Is lighter in color the other 2 have a...
  17. RocketGarStar

Payara ID Help?

I recently picked up this bold little guy from my LFS, and he's doing very well with my other fish - there's only one problem: I don't know if he'll grow out of my tank or not. I'm hoping he isn't an Armatus, and I'm hoping for the Scomb... Any help with the IDing of my new carnivorous friend...
  18. raja

What strain is my flowerhorn?

I bought him a week ago, the seller said it's a male SRD but to me it looks like a short body / bonsai, can you guys help me identify please.
  19. N

Help identifying flowerhorn species please :)

Hey everyone! So I recently purchased a flowerhorn, been wanting one for years. He is absolutely gorgeous and I'm curious what kind you all might think he is. He is a juvenile and I purchased him off of one of my supervisors and he thought he could be a super red dragon. His name is dovahkiin...
  20. S

ID please

Is it a kirin parrot or shortbody flowerhorn?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store