loaches

1. E

Bichir and Kuhili Loaches?

From what I understand, the moment you put a kuhili with a bichir it’s as good as spaghetti. I’m not about to try it for myself, but I’m curious if there’s a single person here who was brave enough to try and found success. Love to hear, thanks!
  2. That Trinindad Pleco

155 Or 180 For Tank Size

Hi, I was planning on getting either a 95 or a 120 Gallon aquarium, but since this will be my last tank (At Least For A While) I wanted to go the biggest I could. I have 7 feet to work with length wise, and up to 2 feet width wise. I would like to get a 210 Gallon (84x24x24) but I’m having...
  3. robnin2002

For Sale  Saddleback hillstream 90638

Hey guys last minute cancellation from a buddy on some saddleback hillstream loaches. Ranging in size from 1- 2 inches. The photo is of them in my 30 gallon. Pick up only in socal. Shoot me a text as it is faster to contact me that way. Not something you see too often down here. Ive only seen...
  4. A

FREE  FS - Albino Golden Dojo loach - Martinez, CA - Pickup only

So I have 1 very large (over 12") female albino (red eyes) golden doho loach and 2 juveniles (about 6", black eyes). I believe one of the juveniles is female and the other male. If you just want the large albino female, that is fine (but it would be great if you could take all 3). All 3 have...
  5. pinfish

Why are my two loaches different sizes? Are they different genders?

Hello, my two gold dojo loaches have grown to be two totally different sizes than each other. Both were purchased on the same day out of the same tank and were originally both identical in size. The larger one is a much deeper gold color while the smaller one is a lot lighter and paler. I was...
  6. R

For Sale  African Cichlids, Clown Loaches, Jack Dempsey, Pleco

Hey guys. Looking to unload some fish. Willing to deliver in the NYC area. Please see below. I'll text or email some pictures if interested. ~ 35-40 African Cichlids all ranging from 3-7inches. Includes huge 7 inch male Frontosa. Mainly Mbuna, however there's a nice mix. Take the lot of...
  7. J

Over crowded?

Let me know if wrong place, it’s my first post here after constantly reading other advice lol. I have a 180 gall tank that I’ve had for awhile and haven’t got it running due to being torn on what to stock it with. And as I kept thinking about it I realized I want a ton of bottom dwellers and...
  8. E

LF Large (5-12 inch) Clown Loaches

I am looking for a group of 3-6 clown loaches for my 125 gallon aquarium. I am flexible on the price I am willing to pay. Depends on the specimen honestly. Let me know what you have and what you're looking for and hopefully we can figure something out. I am located near Princeton, NJ. Willing to...
  9. M

Need abit of advice.

Hi all. Haven't got much of a clue on using this website. I have a 120L fish tank and just added allot of new aquarium plants the plants... My issue is that since adding the plants my tank has gone really cloudy with a white cloundyness. I'm quite new and have never had aquarium plants before in...
  10. C

And I thought warmer water was supposed to kill whitespot!

This is not your average case of whitespot I have 6 clown loaches, 3 with whitespot Here is where it gets tricky : The water temperature in the tank is 31 degrees . I thought that was supposed to kill whitespot. Apparently not. I cannot think of anything that could have stressed them, maybe...
  11. C

This is why dead loaches smell so bad

Have you ever smelled dead loach and thought "This reeks like nothing else! Why is that?". It is because loaches are oily fish, and when they die, all that oil starts to rot, leading to that terrible smell. Clown loaches, for instance, have flesh that is an off-white color, like haddock or hake...
  12. Zack333

Zebra Loaches and African Peacocks

I have a 55g tank (lots of rock caves) with some african peacocks and wanted a bottom dweller to sift through the substrate and saw a lot of people have clown loaches in their cichlid tanks. Me personally, I am not a huge fan of clown loaches as they get massive and would take up a ton of space...
  13. B

Can someone identify what kind of loach I bought?

I bought 3 of them, but I am not sure exactly what they are, and they are still babies. Can someone tell me?
  14. Davidiator

Cray With Clown Loaches

Can i have a cray fish with my 1-1 1/2 in clown loaches, my BGK, or my Fire Eel ? Or will he kill and eat everything?
  15. rucus

Help with ID

Hey guys, just getting back into the hobby after a break due to a tank busting in my living room, but that's a thread for another day. I picked this guy up at a local fish store. They told me it was red tail borleyi but I'm having my doubts. He's about 2 inches long and has good color showing...
  16. TheMoneyTank(TMT)

45 gallon hillstream biotope

Setting up a fast flow 200litre aquarium with a 2200Lph internal filter and stocked with the following X5 panda loaches X5 reticulated hillstream loaches X5 zebra Danios X5 pearl Danios X5 Leopard Danios X5 white cloud mountain minnows X3 sumo loach Any other fast flowing fish I could add...
  17. Alistair

Peacock bass with loaches?

I have a bunch of clown loaches and Y.modesta in a 150 gallon tank. The middle dwellers are a few severums and an oscar. I got a couple of 1.5 inch peacock bass today, impulsively, which are in a growout tank. My main tank has a lot of driftwood & rocks in it and a tonne of hiding places. The...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store