disease

1. odsrandy

Injury or Something Else on Hump?

Hey All! Been a very long time since I've been on MFK. Happy to be back. My Petco flowerhorn, Kevin, recently had this dark spot appear on his head. Does this look like an injury or something else? I just wanna make sure he's ok. He's acting 100% normal, I'm just being a worried keeper haha...
  2. A

Need Help

This morning I woke up and my peacock bass was a goner. The past week I have been treating for ick. i firsted noticed the ick on my shovel nose/rt hybrid which soon spread through the tank. within 2-3 days all ick had clear up from fish and they looked great. This morning I go downstairs and my...
  3. WARCRAFT

Is this HITH (Hole in the head disease)?

Hi guys, I've noticed these small circular clusters in my recently purchased Ray pup (it's 4.5"-5" in size) they are around it's eyes and down its body I'm suspecting it's HITH (hole in the head disease). Is this HITH ? I have already treated with Metronidazole for 3 days just as a quarantine...
  4. A

Sick betta, anchor worm management

Hello! Recently my betta (Monet) has been lethargic, hanging out at the bottom, propping herself up on gravel, not interested in doing much of anything. She'll eat at food when it's near her, but will hardly bother to come to the top for it. I've checked her over and she's breathing slowly, in a...
  5. M

Red Borneo Giant Gourami with a wound

Hello! I have had the Red Borneo GG for about 5 months now, around 2 weeks ago these 2 wounds popped up out of the blue and have only seemingly eroded further even with meds and good quality water (<20 ppm nitrate, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 7.4-7.6 PH, low to moderate hardness). Weekly water...
  6. N

Rays are acting off after about a week with me!?

Hello, So I recently got 2 BD stingrays, they've been doing fine for a week, and a week ago one started to lift its nose and then bulk up and kinda arching its back up, it circles and looks distressed. Also looks like its rubbing up against the airatsone when it circles around itself. I've...
  7. E

Longterm Oscar bloat - what can be done?

I have a Oscar fish who has gotten pretty bloated as of the last month. He behaves normally, eats normally, etc. Today he was very sluggish, but ate normally yesterday. Fasting did not result in bloating going away, tried this for 4 days without food, then a week at 30% feedings, and then 70%...
  8. C

PLEASE HELP! Purchased new Mbuna - Is this Fish Tuberculosis!?!?

Hello everyone, I am in desperate need of your opinions. I have been planning a new display tank. I purchased the fish for it from Tampa Bay Cichlids. Acei, Rustys, and Maingano Received the fish earlier today and put them in the quarantine tank. Everyone appears healthy aside from a couple...
  9. hproxy07

Oscar fish white patches

hello, this white patch underneath my oscar wasn't here yesterday. may i know what this is and how to treat it? i also noticed a few small patches on it's side.
  10. djsaltynuts

Mudskipper diseases

Hey i was looking to gather any information on illnesses in mudskippers. I know that theyre very resistant to illness and poor water quality and waa wondering if they were affected by standard fish diseases. Anyone whos had a mudskipper id be interested to hear if you dealt with any diseases...
  11. D

Ethical Considerations

Hi all, First post so if I break some rules here, I apologize for that. However I have been keeping fish for several years and like to think I'm not completely stupid. Anyways- I have a female Red festae (terror) that I have quarantined into a 15 gallon hospital tank for a duck lips...
  12. O

Mystery Angelfish Disease

Long post ahead! But any help is greatly appreciated because I seriously have no idea what to do at this point. My brother and I are both having problems with some newly bought juvenile angelfish. He has 8 (4 from person A, 4 from Person B). I have 9 (4 from Person A, 5 from Person B) in our...
  13. C

Fish with ich

So I just ordered some blood parrots online and they showed up with ich. I have them in my quarantine tank and I’m thinking of doing the heat and salt treatment for them. I have successfully used copper treatment in the past but I would like to try a different treatment method this time I worry...
  14. Beau_kirch

My Saratoga is sick…. Pls help!

Hey guys, my Saratoga has been lethargic for a few days, as soon as I noticed it I checked and the ammonia was high, I assumed it was ammonia burn based off of what I’ve read, it’s just odd that none of the other, less hardy fish didn’t get affected, he’s been floating at the surface with...
  15. C

Help with white spots on my Oscar’s eye!

So for the last 2 weeks I have been battling ick in my tank which I have been treating with copper and I have finally got to a point where there are almost no spots left on any of the fish except I’m noticing now white spots on my Oscar’s eye. initially there were white spots all over their...
  16. P

What’s wrong with the belly of this fish?

I don’t know what happened. Water parameters are all good, No aggressive tank mates, fish eats and properly and no behavior changes.
  17. J

What Is Killing My Fish?!

I have 3 main tanks, a 220gal, a 75gal, and a 72gal bow front...I also have 29gal, a 40gal, a 20gal, and a 10gal hospital tank. My 20gal nursery and 10gal hospital tank are fine. My other tanks are experiencing loss at a fast rate. I want to figure out what is causing it and how to stop it...
  18. Yaponchik

Pleco Black Stomach; Gets out of the water; Swimming Upside Down on Surface

Hey guys, I've typed up a very long message but it got lost when on image upload (my stupidity) so I'll make this quick. I've not been very successful as a pleco keeper and have lost maybe 30+ juveniles over the course of the past 4 years. I'd have some that I grew from 1" to larger but they...
  19. T

Black mark on my flowerhorn

Pls help ?. My flowerhorn has some black ring on his head. I'm changing 75% of water every 2 days but still no effect! It's been 4 days since he got this disease! Pls tell me what disease it is and also the right treatment!
  20. N

Pleco poisoned by ichX treatment??

Pleco sick from treatment??? 125gallon freshwater, partially planted, river rock substrate (sparsely covered) currently: (see below for prev details) I THINK the plan is to get a new carbon filter since the water changes seem to upset him and use that to clear the water giving a few days for...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store